Chapter 10: Equations Of The Heart (Final)

Having weighed all the other options, you thought it best to make the most out of your free time with Jiwon. Knowing that all three of these places can surely satisfy her endless pursuit of knowledge, you figured that it would be a good idea for you to make the day extra special for her. After all, she worked hard to prove herself when she was practicing her speech. Not only did she overcome her fear of presenting herself in front of a crowd of listeners, she also did a pretty good job in attaining that level of self-confidence that she sought for a long time.

With this, the girl whom you value as a good friend despite her eccentricity, is slowly starting to change for the better. It's more than enough reason for you to be proud of her, along with her accomplishments that are sure to come in the future.

"Shh. You must try to remain quiet and simply observe him, Y/N. Trouble will surely follow if we make any unnecessary noise here." Jiwon reminded you, as you are both standing before the huge cage with a couple of 6-foot Silverback gorillas inside.

"Yah, I know that! I'm trying to be as calm and collected as possible, Jiwon-ah. Still, the fact that the only way standing between us and them are these sturdy steel bars makes me nervous. What if they start to become more aggressive all of a sudden?" You argued, as you noticed that unlike you, Jiwon is perfectly calm.

"They won't, trust me. You should know that gorillas are one of the most misunderstood creatures in this world. Simply put, you can say that their temperament closely resembles that of other primate species. Just like us, the homo sapiens sapiens, they also have their own basic understanding of everything around them. As long as they know that you are not encroaching on their territory, they will pay you no mind. Look at him. Even if he is aware of our presence near his vicinity, he doesn't seem to care. Now look at the other one. All she cares about is her food, and that she's very busy feasting on that sumptuous apple that the zookeepers brought for her. All in all, they still live a carefree life, even if they are in captivity."

"I think I understand now. Thank you for the valuable and thorough explanation you gave me, professor. Your words are most enlightening indeed."

"You're welcome, my assistant. But I have to say, you are starting to talk in the same manner as I do."

"Well yes. Is it wrong for me to do so?"

"Not at all. It's nice to see you trying to look into life from my perspective. Talking in a very constructive manner is the first step to doing that."

"Really? I just thought it would be interesting and fun to speak like you do."

"Huh? Are you making fun of me?"

"I-I wouldn't dare! Hmm, I guess I should just stop and talk like I used to then."

While the two of you are busy talking to each other, neither of you noticed that one of the gorillas is already standing at the edge of the cage close to where you're standing. By the time you did, your heart began to pound fast due to sheer nervousness, with Jiwon trying her best to remain composed as she figures out what he's up to.

But to your surprise, the gorilla reached out to both of you while offering the banana in his hand.

"Uhh, what are we supposed to do, Jiwon-ah? Should we take it?' You asked her.

"I-I'm not sure if we're allowed to do that, Y/N."

Fortunately, one of the zookeepers was nearby, and he noticed what was happening. He then told you to take the fruit, assuring you that it's okay.

"A-all right then. Uhh, t-thank you." You said while stuttering, as the gorilla muffled a groan after you took the banana from him. He then went back to where his mate is, as both you and Jiwon were astonished by what happened just now.