Chapter 19: Closer

Perfect.

There's no better way for you to describe what you're feeling right now, even more so since you know that this day is going to be extra special.

Today is the third day of the school trip, although you can say that this is going to be your last full day in Okinawa given that you and all the other students are going back to Korea tomorrow morning.

Suffice to say, it's your last chance to make some more memories of such an incredible place, and what better way to do it when you are going with the very girl whom you had admired for a long time.

For this day, your teachers had divided your class into two groups. One will be heading for Nago City, while the other will go to a place called Motobu. As part of the group that will be traveling to the latter location, you can't wait to find out how the place will be different compared to your previous itineraries, and Wonyoung seems to share your enthusiasm.

Still, the one and a half hour ride to the town felt like forever, despite the fact that there were no traffic jams along the way.

That's why when you had finally arrived, it felt really great, for the long wait had ended. Now you're both ready to explore all the destinations that await you.

"Listen up, everyone. Let me remind you that today can also be considered your free time, for we are allowing you to explore each of the destinations of this town at your own leisure. That means you'll be able to walk and travel freely, as well as to plan ahead as to which place you want to see first. But remember, always try to be in your best behavior throughout the whole day, and that I expect all of you to be back here at this station before 5 in the afternoon. Any questions?"

The class seemed quiet after Ms. Kwon had spoken, and she took this as a sign that all of you are ready for the day ahead.

"All right. It seems you're all ready to go. Try to have fun while you're at it, okay? This is the last day of the school trip, so make the most out of it."

After giving you all some last minute reminders, she and the other teachers allowed all of you to begin the leisure tour.

Wasting no time, you then looked at the map of the town provided by the faculty, as Wonyoung waited for your decision.

"Okay. This town sure has a lot of good tourist attractions. But according to this map, the top two destinations here in Motobu would be the Arboretum and the Churaumi Aquarium. Let's make visiting these two places our priority. If we have some time left, we can check out the city as well. Will that be okay for you, Wonyoung-ah?" You asked her.

"Sure! I'm just going to follow your lead, Y/N. Still, I'm curious about that Arboretum place. I think we should go there first." She suggested.

"If that's what you want, then let's head there right away. Oh, and Arboretum is just a fancy word for a botanical garden. The only difference is that it focuses more on trees rather than plants or flowers."

"Wow, you're really smart, Y/N. No wonder why everyone says that you're so good at English. I feel like I can still learn a lot from you, even though I also know how to speak it very well."

"I'll try my best to teach you more if I have the time, that I promise. For now, let's take that bus over there. It should be able to take us to our heading."

Wonyoung simply nodded to you with a smile, as the two of you hurried towards the vehicle.

En route to your destination, you and Wonyoung talked about school stuff, as she tells you how she and Hyunseo are planning to expand the Tea Club once you're back in Korea. With that, you wished them luck while feeling confident that they will be able to do it if they truly want to.