Chapter 22: Kindred Spirits Part 1

Just like you promised, you went together with Miyeon to the coffee shop the next day in order to help her out. In your mind, it's the least you can do both to show her your appreciation for all that she did for you, as well as for you to start learning the ropes knowing that you'll play a bigger role in managing it someday.

As expected, the cafe was soon filled with customers during the early hours, since it is a Sunday. Even now, you still can't imagine how your older sister manages to run the place during the weekends, as doing so is still quite the challenge even with Jeonghan and Rei helping her.

But now's not the time for you to contemplate on such things, for you have a lot of work to do right off the bat.

As soon as you get yourself ready, Miyeon puts you in charge of the service area, taking orders and serving the customers for as much as you can. While you're pretty confident that you'll be able to do so, the task still gives you enough pressure that you need to always be at your best throughout the day. Add to the fact that Rei is not here today since Miyeon allowed her to rest, for she had considered the fact that she's still tired after the school trip.

That's why the success of today's service now depends on just the three of you, regardless of how challenging it might seem.

Granted, it's not all that stressful though, especially since your sister is providing the customers with a new gimmick of her own, at least just for today.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon. What will you be having today?" She asked one of her regular customers, with him looking puzzled as to why she's wearing something "bizarre" on her face.

"G-good morning to you as well, Miyeon-ssi. W-well, I'll have my usual caffe macchiato, along with your standard continental breakfast please." He said.

"Okay, your order will be served after a few minutes. Do you want to add a dessert of your choice?"

"O-oh. Hmm, perhaps I'll choose your famous red velvet cinnamon rolls this time."

"Good choice, Mr. Jeon. Very well, that'll be 37,000 won."

"Right. Here's my credit card."

"Thank you."

While he was waiting for her, the man still couldn't figure out why she was wearing such an accessory for no reason. Eventually, his curiosity got the better of him.

"Uhh, Miyeon-ssi, can I ask you something?"

"Yes Mr. Jeon. What is it?"

"I-I was just wondering if there's an event going on in your cafe today."

"We're not holding an event today, sir. We only do such things when there's a special occasion or a holiday approaching. Why do you ask?"

"Ah I see. To be frank, you wearing that strange mask got me curious if there's something special going on, but I guess I was wrong. But why wear something like that?"

"Hehe, there's no reason, really. I just found this mask my brother bought for me to be really cute-looking. Don't you agree?" She proudly said to him.

"I g-guess so. Well, there's nothing wrong with you wearing it, haha. Sorry I asked."

"No worries, sir. Here's your buzzer, as well as your macchiato. I hope you enjoy it!"

As soon as the customer went towards the service area, you then went to check up on her. Deep down, you never thought that she would actually do what she told you yesterday, even though it was just a joke.