Chapter 16: An Exciting School Trip, Part 1

"Okay, here we are. Looks like we got here just in time." Miyeon said to you and Jungwon, as she parked the car near the entrance of the airport's departure area, before the three of you exited the vehicle to grab your stuff.

"Thanks for driving us here today, noona. I'll be seeing you after four days." You said, before you gave her a hug.

"I'll be alright, Y/N. Have fun while you're there, okay? Also, don't forget to buy me some souvenirs!" She reminded you.

"Mhm. I'll make sure to forget that, no problem." You teased, earning you a light punch from her.

"Okay, I won't! Ugh, we'll get going now."

"I understand. Take care of him for me, Jungwon-ssi." Miyeon said in a somewhat commanding tone.

"Y-yes, ma'am. I'll make sure he doesn't get into trouble while we're there." Jungwon replied almost immediately, making you and your older sister chuckle.

You then waved goodbye to her just before you entered the airport, carrying your luggage together with Jungwon using a trolley.

"Jungwon-ah, are you sure that's all you need for the entire school trip? Your bag is much smaller than I expected." You asked him.

"Of course, Y/N. I made sure that I have everything that I need for four days packed inside this bag. That includes extra clothes, swimming attire, my other personal items and my camera. You don't need to worry about me." He assured you.

"Well if you say so. Oh look. Ms. Kwon and some of the other students are already here."

"Then let's go to them first. We need to check in together with our class, after all."

The two of you quickly went to where your homeroom teacher and the rest of your class is. Thanks to her, you were able to sort out all the necessary stuff to do before you board the plane. Once she tells everyone that you're going to wait for at least 45 minutes before you head to the boarding gate, Jungwon gestures for you to grab a seat beside him while waiting for the others to arrive.

"I thought that our good old friend Sunghoon will be here before we do, Y/N. I'm surprised to see that he's not here yet." He said.

"Yeah. At school, he's always the first one to grace us with his presence, and to flaunt himself before our school princess, naturally. It seems that for some reason, he wanted to arrive fashionably late this time."

"Heh. At least he isn't the first person we saw this morning, so thank goodness for that. I bet his assigned partner will cause him all sorts of trouble once we're in Japan." Jungwon said before he laughed a bit.

"I suppose that's bound to happen, especially during the third day. But despite him being so mean to us all the time, I hope Hyunseo won't make his trip that miserable. I'll still feel bad for him if it does turn out that way, you know."

"Wow. I certainly didn't expect you to say that, Y/N. Not after all the things he did to us. Then again, wishing for his misery doesn't make us better than him. I hope he enjoys his time there just like we will."

"That's right. I really am looking forward to this trip."

"Same here. Damn, I've never been to Okinawa, so I'm pretty much excited to be there! Just a few days ago, I looked up all the interesting places that we'll see there just in case. Afterwards, I thought that four days won't be enough for us to explore all of them, no kidding. There's Yonaha Beach, Kokusai-dori and the American Village just to name a few. It's definitely going to be awesome for sure!" He exclaimed, making the other students look towards where you two are seated.