Chapter 12: Opulence, Mischief, and Escapades Part 1

"Ryujin-ssi, I think I'll help you. But let me be honest with you on this one. Even now, I'm still very skeptical about this, as I can't simply can't forget how much trouble you put myself and Jungwon through. I hope you understand where I'm coming from."

Sure enough, you know very well that this decision of yours is quite a gamble. There's always a chance that Ryujin could be attempting to play you both for fools, knowing how many times she did so because she thought, all in the name of fun. You simply can't let bygones be bygones so easily, especially since it's Jungwon's feelings that are on the line.

But despite this, you want to do something good for your best friend's sake. You've lost count on how many times he helped you stand up to people like Ryujin before, as he's always got your back. This may be the best way of burying the hatchet for both sides.

Who knows, maybe this will indeed lead to something genuinely special for both of them, if it all goes well.

"Yes I do understand what you're trying to say, Y/N-ssi. There's no way I can simply brush aside all that I've done to you and Jungwon with a stupid apology, that much I know. But still, I think of this as my own way of redeeming myself somehow, and I promise that I won't cause any trouble to you again."

"Hmm. All right then. If you really mean that, then I suppose I should appreciate what you said just now. Like I said, I'm willing to help you with this, but you should know that it's not going to be very easy. I have no idea how my best friend would respond to your feelings, but I don't think he'll just accept your confession just like that. Just so you know, he hates you more than I do, but he's also afraid of you at the same time. Sounds weird, isn't it?"

"I think I understand. I shouldn't have done that to him." She replied, clearly stating that she's well aware how her recent actions are causing Jungwon's paranoia.

"Well of course you shouldn't have! Ugh, do you have any idea how much it affects him? I don't think anybody would like the idea of someone following them around all the time! That's just creepy."

Once you said this, you noticed Ryujin looking down, having felt guilty of what she had done. While you're still trying to figure out if this is just a ruse or not, you then decide what should be done first before you help her.

"Okay, I think we should set some "conditions" for you to follow before I help you out, Ryujin-ssi. If I don't do this, then things are bound to get out of hand at some point. If that happens, then I'm afraid you won't get another chance to prove that you're being sincere with him. Don't you agree?"

"Y-yes, you're right. Then what should I do?"

"Here's the first condition. You must promise me that from now on, you will stop stalking him. That's the one thing which causes him to be stressed out when it comes to you, so it's only natural that you should refrain from doing it. He told me just recently how he's very scared of you every time you follow him around the campus, so yeah."

"Okay. From now on, I'll stop doing that to him. I promise."

"Good. Now for the second condition. Maybe I should have put this as the first one but whatever. I consider this to be the most important one as well, all because I want you to apologize to him."

"I-I will. That's a given, since I really have to do that above anything else. But how am I going to do it?"

"That's a good point. He'll definitely choose to get away the moment he sees you, but I have a plan for that. Like today, he's spending the rest of his afternoon at the photography club's room along with his other members. As long as they're around, then perhaps Jungwon might give you a chance. Still, there's always the possibility that he'll ignore you, but you have to try. Talk to him in a very calm and friendly manner like we are right now, and not the usual intimidating way that you do to us back then. It's a good step for you to leave a good impression on him that you've changed."