Chapter 17: An Exciting School Trip, Part 2

"I must admit, it's a tough choice, Jungwon-ah. But as much as I'd like to rest and relax at the beach, or to visit the gardens and appreciate nature's blessings like you said, I already know what's the most important thing for me to do today. I would rather spend the rest of the day looking for Miyeon-noona's souvenirs while having fun walking the streets of Kokusai-dori. It's like hitting two birds with one stone, isn't it?" You told him, and Jungwon was quick to agree with your choice.

"You have a point there, Y/N. Now that I think about it, my eomma also wants me to buy some of Japan's delicacies as well. Then it's settled. We're going to the city after we have our lunch. You should tell Yujin-ssi as well, just in case they decide to go with us."

"Alright. By the way, our teachers said that it's okay for us to wear our casual clothes for today, so I'm going to change. What about you?"

"Yeah, I think I'm going for a change of clothes too. Still, I didn't expect them to allow us to do so, but I'm glad they did. It's just for today though. Tomorrow will be like the usual school trip rules, but I'm okay with that."

It didn't take long for the two of you to change from your school uniforms to your casual attire, so you both decided to head down to the hotel's restaurant immediately after. If anything, you're both been hungry since you landed in Okinawa, so a nice warm meal would be the first thing you need to have before doing anything else.

Once you're at the entrance, you see a lot of students are already there and seated, waiting for their food to arrive. Like you, most of them had also changed to their casual clothes, making the whole place feel like there's a party going on.

"Okay, let's see here. It looks like we'll be seated in table 25, Y/N." Jungwon informed you after looking at the meal ticket given to him at the lobby earlier.

"Got it. The tables have numbers placed over them, so it should be easy to find it. Let's go, Jungwon-ah."

Thankfully, your table was located in a rather convenient area of the restaurant, which was nice. While you appreciate the lively atmosphere that is happening right now, it goes to say that you still prefer a less vibrant feeling while you're eating.

However, it would seem that you may not be able to have that after all the moment you saw the three other people who will share the table with you and Jungwon.

Once they're seated, things turn awkward all of a sudden. You thought that this was to be expected, given the fact that you're all starving right now. But then again, at least one of them could have started a conversation or two, despite knowing that you don't really get along well with a certain guy who's about to have his lunch together with the rest of your group.

Fortunately, the arrival of the food somehow helped break the unwanted silence, as each of you began to decide which of the dishes you're going to pick first. It was then when your "best friend" suddenly spoke.

"Before anything else, I think it would be best for us to show some etiquette. It's only fair for Wonyoung-ssi here, as well as myself, for us to try and-"

"Yah, stop with all those formalities, Sunghoon-oppa! I'm taking that sukiyaki first! Itadakimasu!" Hyunseo exclaimed, as you and Jungwon followed suit after giving thanks for the meal.

"My goodness. You people truly have no manners, do you? Well not me and Wonyoung-ssi, as it would be proper for me to act like a gentleman even if my stomach is rumbling. Wouldn't you agree, my princess?"