Chapter 2: A Helping Hand

For those of you who are curious about the other choices, then allow me to reveal the other outcomes before we begin.

Choice A (Jungwon's interview) would have allowed us to start Yujin's story route.

Choice C (the toy store) will have led to Leeseo's story route.

There will be more of these choices in the future, so look forward for the next ones.

Without further ado, let's begin Rei's first story chapter.

Having considered your choices carefully, you already know what you should do once your classes are over. As always, your family is always a priority, which is true. Miyeon is always doing a good job when it comes to taking care of your well-being, as well as providing you with everything else that you need. One occasional good deed is enough to show how grateful you are to her.

Even though you wanted to help Jungwon out, a part of you says that he will be able to do the interview on his own, and you believe that he can finish it even without you as his moral support.

As for your limited edition action figure, you'll always have a chance to get one online, and that you don't really need to obtain it on the first day of its release. While it's true that it's a collector's item, it's a no brainer that it can't compare to how important your other responsibilities are. Who knows, maybe you can convince your older sister to buy it for you instead, but you're not the type of person to do that.

"I'm sorry Jungwon-ah, but I already made plans to help out at our coffee shop after school. My noona is already waiting for me, so I'm afraid that I have to leave now. As for the interview, I'm sure that you'll be able to succeed without me. Yujin-ssi is a very friendly and approachable person, so I don't think you need to worry about anything when it comes to interviewing her. You'll be fine." You assured him.

"All right Y/N. I understand. But you might be right. I can do this. Ahn Yujin is like our school's princess, and with that kind of reputation, I'm sure that there's no need for me to be worried about anything. It's a shame though, since you might gain some clues about her, which may be of help to you in some form. I bet that-"

Jungwon's lips curved into a smile before he could finish that last sentence, as you looked at him strangely.

"Ah, I think I get it now. Okay Y/N, I won't keep you any longer. Sure, you may have missed a chance to get some info out of Yujin-ssi, but then again, at least you might be able to gain something through your sister's little helper instead. Am I right?" He teased.

"Well I guess you could say that. Believe me when I say this, but despite the fact that I've known her the longest compared to her friends, I still can't figure anything out. It goes to show that she, like the others, is really serious about making this game as difficult for me as they can."

"Hmm, that sounds tough. But come on. You told me that you wanted to know what it's like being a detective, and this game of theirs gave you the chance to do just that. You should be having fun by now, yes?"

"Ugh, if only that was the case. I never thought that a sleuth's job would prove to be a hassle. But yeah, I would be lying if I told you that I'm not having fun while I'm at it. But I can assure you this, Jungwon-ah. After all of this ends, you'll be able to see me succeed, and that I will have my girlfriend before the night of the prom. Get ready for that."

"Now that's some bravado you got there, Y/N. Still, having such confidence is not a bad thing. But I do hope you'll be able to remain so until the end. I have a feeling that you might be forced into an even more challenging situation before the game ends."