Chapter 6: Equations Of The Heart, Part 1

Before this story starts, let me give you some details about the other two choices.

Choosing the yellow envelope would have led to Wonyoung's story route.

Choosing the pink envelope would have started Gaeul's story.

Since choosing the purple one got the most votes, then we will proceed with Liz's story instead. But don't worry. There will be plenty more choices for you guys to make in order to influence how the rest of the story will go.

Hope you enjoy the introductory chapter for this route, as the next update will be finished by early next week.

"Three envelopes, three choices. Man, this is tough. Rei-chan, care to give me a clue as to what this is about?" You asked her, after which Rei gave you a quick reply.

"I'm not allowed to give you any details, Y/N. But I can tell you that each of these envelopes contains a task that you must accomplish."

"Really? Hmm, this is going to be tricky then. All right, I'm going to choose the purple one. Will that be okay?"

After you made your choice, you noticed that Rei started to giggle a bit, then she bursts into laughter a few seconds later. Understandably, you were puzzled by her reaction.

"Umm, did I pick the wrong one?"

"Haha, of course not, silly! There's no wrong choice in this, Y/N. Still, this is going to be very interesting. Here you go."

Rei gives you the purple envelope afterwards, as you hastily open it to see the letter that's supposed to be inside. Unfolding the paper, you then saw a somewhat long and strange message written on it. The first sentence alone was more than enough for you to figure out who wrote it, as she's the only one who could have put together such a sophisticated letter.

To my reliable assistant Y/N,

If you are currently perusing the contents of this letter that I wrote for you, then perhaps my calculations are correct after all. Well I know it will, because it's me who did it. I'm always supremely confident of my capabilities, while I'm still aware of the begrudging fact that there will always be limitations to my genius. Despite the probability of you picking this envelope would only be a rough 33.33333%, I'd say the odds will still be in my favor in the end. That said, I hope to see you at my laboratory this afternoon, for I'm ready to show you something that will make your mind explode. Not literally, of course.

Once you're done with your mundane studies about the world we live in, I hope that you are physically, mentally and emotionally ready for this new breakthrough that I have. That and I also require your assistance on something. I'm not taking no for an answer, especially since you still owe me after I agreed to be your partner for that quiz bee a few months back.

Well then, I had stated everything that I wanted to say, so I guess I'll see you later.

Professor Jiwon

"Professor Jiwon? I can't believe she's still calling herself that." You said, as you folded the letter before putting it back in the envelope.

"She must have really liked the nickname you gave her, Y/N."

"I'm not so sure about that. I think the real reason is that she already fancies herself as one. Given her abilities, she has every right to be called as such."

"You may be right, but Jiwon's the type of girl who doesn't know how to express her own emotions to other people, and that includes us. I'd like to think that this is just one of her ways of showing you how she values your opinions whenever you're with her."