Chapter 5: A Helping Hand (Final)

Happy birthday, Naoi Rei. I hope she enjoys her day :)

Choice A got the most votes this time, so the final part of Rei's story will be a date at the Han River.

This is it. Today is finally the day.

After spending some time choosing which place would be perfect for the occasion, you chose the Han River Park, which you thought would be the most relaxing and enjoyable option.

With this, you made sure that everything would be planned perfectly, as you don't want to make any mistake that could possibly hinder your day with her. It's her birthday after all, so the most important thing would be to make her happy.

However, you felt worried a few days before, as you remembered that her friends, especially Yujin, might already have a plan of their own for Rei's birthday. At first, you wondered if you should be the one to adjust your own plans in favor of theirs, thinking that it's the right thing to do. But your worries came to an end when Yujin herself called you a couple of nights before, telling you that you should go through with the date like you planned, as they all agreed to hold their own celebration the next day.

Thanking her, you promised that you'll take care of their friend like you always do, and with that, Yujin wished you good luck.

Since the date would take place at the Han River, you figured that you don't really need all of the money that Miyeon gave you. Rightfully so, you estimated the costs that you'll need and afterwards, you returned the rest to her. You're an honest person, so instead of spending the remaining amount for your precious action figures, you opted to return it. Who knows, you might get something good in return once your own birthday draws near. Not that you're expecting anything in return for your honesty, of course.

But most importantly, today also marks a new beginning for you, as this will be your first time spending the whole day alone with a girl, even more so since she's someone whom you got to be familiar with for a long time.

If your life would be compared to a video game, then today is the very day when you are finally leveling up in the world, and that means the end of all that grinding and waiting that you did in your life so far.

Well, that's enough of that for now.

It was already early in the afternoon, as you found yourself looking in awe towards the food that Rei herself had prepared for the two of you.

Granted, you told her that it's okay for you to be the one to do the cooking, but she insisted that preparing your meals for today was the least that she could do, as she also wanted to do something special for you as well.

Looking at the food placed at the picnic table, you thought that you made the right choice. It's not everyday when you'll be able to taste such dishes that only a Japanese person can cook, and this is solid proof that Rei is very good at making them.

"Wow, this all looks amazing. But I have to say, I think you made a lot for the two of us, Rei-chan. I don't think we'll be able to finish all this food." You told her, while your mind was also busy choosing which one you should try first.

"Don't worry, Y/N. I made this much just to make sure that I will make the most out of the money you gave me for today, so yeah. That and I also thought that it would be right if I could also give some to Miyeon-unnie later as thanks."

"I understand. Well if that's the case, then you made the right decision. That aside, everything looks so good that I'm having a hard time choosing here. Oh forget it. I'll just start with the familiar ones first, like this sushi here. But before anything else, let me wish you a happy birthday, and I hope that things will be better for you this year, Rei-chan." You said in a cheerful manner, as Rei gave you a warm smile in return.