Garou's Past

The rain that once fell slowly cycled to snow. The temperature lowering below the positives. It's been a couple of days since the incident, and the crew eventually managed to repair the base, as of the city and citizens, there wasn't much more they could do but just help around. 

Genji finally got his body fully repaired, finally returning to the crew. As for Angela, she hadn't let go of him the entire day. 

Within the mountains, the old man sat outside gazing around. A sparrow feather landed in front of him as he looked up to see a man crouched on the tree. 

Recognizing the man. 

Genji flashed a smile as the old man returned it picking up the feather. 

The ninja disappeared in a blur.

Two beeps echoed through the medical room. Garou and Artorias rested on the beds, Artorias legs slumping over due to his insane height. Garous eyes flung open staring at the ceiling then remembering what happened. He looked over to his side seeing the knight lay down. "They won then?" Garou questioned himself with a smirk. 

He stretched and cracked his bones leaving the medical room. 

"That also means the restoration of his humanity was successful," Garou thought to himself. Garou walked into the lobby seeing everyone chat, especially in a positive mood. Hana's eyes sparkled seeing the man for the first time in a while as everyone else turned their heads seeing Garou back on his feet.

 Luna teleported beside Garou resting a hand on his shoulder. "Look who finally awake, we thought you were secretly dead," Luna smirked staring at him. He gave her a confused looked. The two walked to the couch and took a seat. "You were asleep for almost a week," Ana spoke. 

"That punch you took made a huge toll on your body, but what's interesting is you didn't seem to be affected too much physically," Baptiste spoke. "When we ran X-ray's your body had  this weird aura to it, what's weirder is it was almost a direct match to the abyss Artorias had." He continued. 

Garou thought back just before he got hit by the punch. He countered it last second but still got hit. Then all he remembered was darkness taking over his vision before passing out. He put his hands in his thinking for a second trying to find an answer. How could he have almost perfect match DNA with something like the abyss? 

Then it struck him.

"I know what it was," Garou spoke. 

Everyone's eyes were on him.

"When he went to hit me, his fist had been coated of the abyss, but when before it fully connected I countered the damage. My fist of flowing rock technique must've intertwined with the abyss's properties distorting it in a sense. Which is probably why I haven't gone insane yet. I'm not sure if this altered version of the abyss is going to have a negative impact on me or positive, we'll just have to hope for the best."