An Honourable Duel

Genji stood on the snowy mountain the wind blowing his hair. He rested on the ground his odachi leaning on him as he waited patiently.

He looked forward three figures in the distance. Genji stood up holding his sword the snow falling onto him. The three figures stopped moving as one of them moved up.

He dropped his hood revealing himself. "I am honoured Genji for holding your word. I hope you've trained hard and prepared yourself." Maverick spoke. "I'm surprised you've come alone, why? We could kill you right here and now." He asked.

"Would you really break your code of honor just to kill me? If I did bring back up it wouldn't do any difference. If in anyway they interfered, the code would've been broken." Genji explained.

"Very well. Let us begin." Maverick revealed his blades. The way he held his blade differed. The blade ran along his arm instead of infront. Genji unholstered all three and prepared.

They ran instantly at each other a spark forming in the air as they both attacked. Maverick disappeared and reappeared behind Genji ready to slash him. He instantly turned around and kicked his chest pushing him. 'Hm, he's gotten faster.' Maverick told himself.

Maverick ran towards him swinging his blade in Genji's side. He disappeared and reappeared behind him, and continued around his body. "Divine Slashes!" Genji growled the area around him being covered in blade marks. Maverick growled moving back as a strike landed on his cheek.

Genji's physical strength outmatched his by far but his speed was still slightly higher than his. Maverick walked slowly around him, multiple images appearing of himself. Genji's eye widened seeing the illusions. They all surrounded him, if he doesn't deflect atleast half of the attacks he's done.

He spun in a circle blocking as many attacks that where sent at him. Whilst some of the illusions striked directly at him. He quickly rushed and cut down as many of them as he could. He backed up his wounds pouring blood.

The remaining illusions walked slowly to him as Genji held his swords out.

"Triple sword style!"

"1000 Cuts of death!" He roared cutting down all the images. But non of them where the real one. 'I know where you are.' Genji thought.

"RIGHT BEHIND ME"

He impaled his odachi directly into his stomach. He put his hand on hit back pushing him further down the blade. Maverick stood there blood draining from his body.

"It's all wrong." A voice spoke. Genji stood there shocked as he couldn't move. He watched as the Maverick he stabbed faded away.

A blade plunged into Genji's back. It bursted out of his chest his blood trickling at the end. Genji dropped his swords and grabbed onto the blade. He screamed in pain as he broke the sword and turned around ready to stab it into his neck. Maverick blocks his hand and stabbed his side with his other sword.

Blood trickled from the side of his mouth as Genji stared with his eye.

"The time has finally come."

Genji's eye (not the left one) turned green red and black with a sense of heat emitting from it. He grabbed Maverick by the throat and slammed his down. Maverick kicked him off and backed up. Genji instantly got his swords and rushed at him. He slammed with an overhead attack as Maverick went to block it.

Genji with all his might slammed on his sword cutting right through it slashing his chest. Maverick yelped in pain as he stumbled back wards. He breathed in heavily his chest pouring blood on the snow.

The two stared at each other, on their final stances. Genji's body weakened as blood poured out as well. Soba tended to his wounds as he breathed heavily, his air visible.

"Master, I want you to know, if I don't win, don't bring me back. I promised Genji to a duel." Maverick spoke struggling to steady his breath. "Very well." He replied.

"This battle will end right this moment. It was an honor duelling with you Mr Shimada." Maverick complimented. "Same is said for you. Let the victor be determined." Genji replied.

The two ran at each other jumping in the air. They slammed into each falling to the ground. Genji's swords fell out of his hands as Maverick climbed on top of him raising his blade ready to impale it into Him.

He began bringing it down as Genji grabbed onto his hand trying to stop him. But Maverick kept pushing down slowly entering his stomach. Genji clenched his teeth in pain as he let one arm go trying to reach for the broken blade from Maverick's sword.

The sword dug deeper in slowly cutting his flesh. Genji grabbed the blade and swung it straight for his neck. Maverick raised one of his hands and blocked his blade. Genji smiled as he let go of his other hand letting Maverick's blade sink into his body as he dropped the broken blade from his hand. He caught it and drove it straight under his chin finally finishing him off.

Genji stood up slowly, barely breathing. He slowly wrapped his hand against his blade and just stood there for a moment. Hope and the unknown walked past him staring at him. "Want me to kill him?" She questioned. "No, he'll die. The battle was a draw in the end." He spoke.

Genji pulled out the sword and stood motionless for a few seconds.

Then just like that

He fell lifeless onto the ground.

He stared into the sky blood trickling from the side of his mouth as he laid beside Maverick.

"An honourable fight we did have. I'll see you in the after life." Genji spoke staring at his body.

Genji's vision Turing pitch black.