Consequences

(Hello everyone today's chapter may be a little short cause I'm typing this now because my brothers birthday will come once it strikes midnight  so I wanted to get this out of the way so I can spend my day with him! Enjoy 😊)

Genji laid on the floor breathing heavily his body aching in pain. He slowly stood up holding his three swords. "O-One...m..more..." Genji quietly spoke.

"TIME!" He shouted.

1000 slashes flew across the field cutting all the bits with ease. He collapsed to the floor passing out as his mind drifted off.

Genji awoken in his room, but it wasn't his room in overwatch, it was the one back home. He stretched and got out looking around as he wondered the hallways. He entered the kitchen seeing his mother cook. She turned and smiled.

He opened his eyes coming back to reality. Images of his mother flashing on and off in his mind. "N-No..." Genji whispered. He stuck his sword into the ground helping himself up. "A...Again..." He pushed himself standing up.

Genji's plan was to train so hard his body would completely get rid of his feeling of pain and tiredness. He held onto his swords.

"1000 Cuts of death Enhanced." He spoke sending another 1000 slashes. The bots were destroyed as Genji held his stance daring not to fall. Genji couldn't bare it anymore. He fell to the ground hallucinating.

He opened his eyes standing in a black room, nothing to be in sight. "So it's power you seek...?" A voice spoke. Genji looked around not seeing anything. He watched as a dragon appeared in front of him.

"Who are you." Genji growled Oni, Soba and Roze appearing on defence. "Calm down my young one. Sojiro sent me." The dragon spoke. Genji's face died.

"F-FATHER" Genji screamed in pain. "You've made him and myself very proud, and I can see you want to become stronger...all thought you're my son, and I'd hate for this to happen, if I want to make you stronger, there will be consequence..." Sojiro's dragon spoke.

"No matter what, I will protect the people I love, especially Angela...and Hanzo." Genji spoke clenching his fist. "That Angela girl seems very sweet, when will you marry her." His dragon joked. Genji blushed. "Father!" He shouted.

"Right Genji, there's no time to joke around. I'm sorry for this, are you sure you want I go on with this..?" He asked one last time. "Do it father..." Genji spoke closing his eyes.

"I love you Genji." His father spoke before doing the deed.

Genji opened his right eye. He stood up his body sore and held his swords. "1000 cuts of death." He spoke sending another 1000 slashes. But only half of the bots got destroyed. 'N-Nada...' Genji thought. 'I thought I was suppose to be stronger, but if anything I missed half of them, father...what did you do...' Genji questioned.

'No no, I must be tired that's all...' Genji spoke holstering his swords calling it a day. He renters the base and turned the corner bumping into Jack.

"Woah Genji watch it." Jack spoke helping him up. "S-Sorry sir, I didn't see you..." He spoke. "What happened to your eye?" Jack questioned looking at him. Genji's heart began pounding at what he said.

He sprinted away running to his door barging in. He entered his bathroom and looked into the mirror. His right eye widened seeing a slash across Genji's left eye. "AHHH" He shouted seeing his reflection.

'WHAT HAPPENED' Genji screamed inside his head touching his left eye lid. He looked in the mirror and opened his left eye seeing his pupil completely destroyed. He felt as he was about to throw up.

'Consequences...' He thought in his head. 'This is the consequence of gaining more power...losing my left eye...' His right eye formed a few tears as he held them back just staring at himself.

He left his bathroom and knocked on Angela's door.

"Coming!" She hummed opening the door. "Oh hey Genj-" She stopped her sentence as she stared at his face seeing his slashed eye lid. Her mouth widened as the shock consumed her. She slowly brought her hand up cupping his face. "W-What happened..." She spoke tears forming in her eyes.

After a while Genji explained everything as he slouched down looking at the floor. "Angela..." Genji spoke.

"Yes?"

"Do you still love me...?"

Angela stared at him and grabbed his face with both of her hands. "Of course I do Genji! Why would you say that! Of course I still love you, just because of your eye you're asking that isn't it...? Will I do Genji, I love you for who you are not for what you possess. I love you Genji..." Angela spoke resting her forehead against his.

She kissed him softly. And Genji clenched his fist tears falling down the side of his face.

That entire day was a train wreck for Genji. He informed everyone about it beside Hanzo, and made sure nobody told Hanzo either. Any contact with Hanzo he avoided. But today was the day we're here would see if any of his training paid off.

Inferno was spotted in Germany again, Genji, Luna, Reaper, and Baptiste were assigned on this mission.

To Kill Inferno.