Chapter 34

Arielle

Over the next few days, I was actually able to relax a little knowing that Isabelle had set up the meeting for Friday afternoon right after her lecture. After the weekend, we had both returned to Isabelle's house. I felt much more at ease here since there weren't guards wandering the halls at all hours.

I also didn't have to worry about Francis. Isabelle had introduced me to Marcel and he actually seemed to be a kind person. He had apologized for scaring me the night we met and reassured me that he had only been following orders to frighten me enough to talk. However, Francis was a different story. The way he smirked whenever he saw me gave me a very bad feeling. Luckily, I was never very far from Isabelle and she would always send him away if she sensed my discomfort.

It was currently Tuesday morning and Isabelle was still asleep. I had woken up early today even though neither of us had class. I laid in bed for awhile, just observing Isabelle's facial features, my hand occasionally brushing her hair. Normally when we were at Isabelle's father's estate, the chef would prepare all the meals, but Isabelle usually did the cooking here. She insisted that I was a guest at her house and didn't want me to have to cook. Part of me wondered if she was just worried about my cooking skills.

This morning, I made the decision to surprise Isabelle with an omelette and a cup of her go-to coffee. I had seen her make it once before and realized that it was the same coffee she offered me during class once with the special taste (a shot of rum added - making my eyes widen that first time I saw her make it). As quietly as I could, I slipped out of bed and snuck out of the room. I walked by the bathroom to put my hair into a bun before going downstairs.

Once downstairs, I looked in the fridge to gather the ingredients for the omelette. I knew Isabelle preferred her omelettes simple with spinach and feta cheese. I decided to toss a side garden salad as well. I beat the egg mixture and began to make the coffee as I waited for the pan to heat up. The whole time, I tried to not make any loud noises and I was very grateful that Isabelle's bedroom was on the second floor.

Once I had finished with the food, I set it all up on a tray with cutlery. I was very excited to bring the food up to her. As I ascended the stairs, I heard noises coming from the bedroom. "Arielle??" Isabelle's panicked voice was heard. I quickly hurried up the rest of the stairs just as she came out into the hallway.

We made eye contact and I gave her a sheepish smile before holding the tray out towards her. She silently backed into the room again and I followed her. "You couldn't have woken up two minutes later?" I teased as I waited for her to get back onto the bed so I could set up the tray.

"I was worried..." she muttered in embarrassment, the slightest blush coming over her cheeks.

I bit my lip. "I-I wouldn't sneak out...I know you keep me here for my own safety. Besides, no one knows where you live. Not even Chase or Celine." I pointed out.

She gave me a small smile and looked at the food. "My little chef." I blushed as she tapped my nose softly.

"I didn't burn down your kitchen if you were afraid of that." I sassed. "And if anything I'm your little servant." I held back a giggle.

"Oh? Then perhaps you should try on that little maid costume that I had fitted for you." She smirked.

I blushed again. "You're lying."

She raised an eyebrow at this. "Calling your Mistress a liar? That's not nice. Now be a good little girl and go look in the closet."

My eyes widened this time. Surely she had to be joking. I went to look in the closet anyways. It wasn't on any of the hangers, but then I noticed a big box on the floor and the costume was folded nicely on top. I silently groaned and came out holding it. I pouted at Isabelle as I made my way over to her.