Chapter 31

Arielle

I awoke to someone tugging at my shirt. My eyes snapped open immediately and my body tensed up. I only sighed in relief when I noticed that I was lying on Isabelle's bed at her father's estate and that she had been the one trying to remove my shirt. "Why didn't you wake me?" I asked softly, realizing that she would have had to carry me up here from her car. I wondered what her staff would have said if they saw. I also noticed that she had taken my wig and glasses off and removed my makeup as well.

"You needed the rest." She replied. "And I was hoping you'd stay asleep, so I wouldn't have to reassure you that I wasn't intending on performing any weird medical experiments on you." She smirked at me. I scowled at her comment.

She carefully removed my shirt. I groaned when I saw the blood staining her sheets. She followed my gaze. "Don't worry about it. Close your eyes. You might not want to watch this." She said gently. I stared at her in confusion. "I need to stitch up the cuts. I'll give you some anesthesia again so you won't feel it, but you may not want to watch."

"Why are you being so nice to me right now?" I frowned.

A grin appeared on her face. "Are you implying that I'm not usually nice?"

My eyes widened. "No, I-"

She chuckled in amusement. "I hate to admit it, but messing with you is quite entertaining." I looked away from her and she directed my chin towards her again. "Would you rather I be angry with you instead?" She asked sternly in response to me looking away when she was talking and not replying.

"No, Miss." I replied instinctively.

She leaned down to whisper in my ear. "As I've told you, you have permission to call me Isabelle in here... but I am quite enjoying hearing you call me Miss." I blushed bright red at her words and she chuckled lowly.

"Here. Take this first." She held up a pill. "It's an antibiotic." I sat up, took it from her, and put it in my mouth. She held a glass of water to my lips. I tried to take it from her hands, but she didn't let go. I let her pour some water in my mouth and swallowed the pill.

She gently pushed me back down. "I'm going to stitch up your arm first. I think your back will be fine. The cut isn't very deep." She unwrapped a clean syringe and inserted it into a small vial with a clear liquid. "It's anesthesia." She explained when I recoiled. "It won't turn you into some weird monster." I scowled again at her comment. She picked up my arm and I looked away, wincing when she injected it. "So knives don't bother you, but needles do?" She commented again, raising an eyebrow.

"I was afraid." I defended. "But you know I had no choice. I thought they were going to go after my parents if I said anything."

She picked up the needle with the thread attached. I tensed up again. "Relax and close your eyes. I promise it won't hurt. We've done this before, remember?" She reassured me in a gentle tone. I closed my eyes and tried to think about anything else. A few minutes later, she released my arm. "Done! Now just let me just bandage it." I opened my eyes again as she wrapped up my arm.

"Thank you, Miss." I whispered hesitantly.

"You're welcome. Hopefully these are the last stitches that I'll have to give you. Now lie on your stomach." I carefully turned around and buried my face into her pillows. "It's not deep, but I still need to disinfect the wound since you didn't do it properly last night. I need to warn you, this is going to hurt." I felt the cotton dab on my back first, then the burning sensation registered. I let out a cry into the pillows. She stopped for a moment. "You okay? I can get something stronger if you need."

"It-it's okay, Miss. I'll be fine." I gritted my teeth.

"Alright, but you'll need to stay still." She began to dab at my back again and I tried my best not to move. Tears welled up in my eyes. When she finally finished, I sighed in relief. "This cut doesn't need stitches, but I'll bandage it so the infection doesn't get any worse." She reached around me to grab the bandages. Wrapping them around my waist, she clipped them together. "You can sit up now."