Chapter 18

Arielle

It felt like the weekend was over before it started and on Monday, I requested to be dropped off at home so that I could put my stuff away, but also, I just didn't want to deal with the possible implications if Isabelle and I were seen arriving together on campus.

I had to inform my parents that I would be out late tonight as well, as I had agreed to meet Trey after class to do whatever it was that we needed to do. My father was not at all happy about this and I received another lecture from him as I was preparing for class.

I arrived on campus with some time to spare, so I met up with Celine first to update her on the situation for tonight. It was difficult to explain what was going on since I really didn't know myself. My classes went by smoothly as I avoided thinking about what I was really doing by involving myself with the gang. What served as a slight peace of mind was that from the weeks that I had known Trey, I knew that he was one to always keep his word and that the respect he received from the other members was well-deserved, so it was safer to stick with him than any alternative. However, the last close call with the police had had me shaken. My actions had been completely my choice and even if they had been caught, I trusted that he wouldn't have gotten me involved. I supposed that this was what the other boys were saying about gang loyalty.

As I made my way to my criminal justice seminar this afternoon, I found myself smiling widely, despite feeling my heart race in nervousness. I knocked on the door thrice as I was still half an hour early and walked in. "Good afternoon, Professor."

She was sitting at her desk, staring at her paperwork in frustration, but looked up at the sound of my voice and gave me a small smile. "Nice to see you, Miss Reagan. Please lock the door behind you. I do not wish to be disturbed until class."

My smile faltered as I turned around in embarrassment. "Oh! I'm sorry, I can leave-"

A hand grabbed my elbow firmly, yanking me backwards. I yelped in surprise as I lost my balance and felt into strong arms. Her familiar scent surrounded me and caused me to involuntarily relax. "You misunderstood me, Miss Reagan." I shivered as her breath caressed my ear. "I want you to lock the door, so that there will be no disturbances in our time together."

My face flushed red and my knees began to feel weak. I just could not explain the effect that she had on me. Never in my eighteen years had anyone made me feel like this. She smirked, as if she could read my mind, and reached past me to lock the door before pulling on my wrist and leading me over to her desk.

She sat down in her comfy office chair first before pulling me onto her lap. Unlike previous times, I did not try to resist, but simply glanced up at her shyly. Pushing my hair back from my face, she whispered in my ear while her other hand held my waist. "I'm assuming that you completed your assignment like a good girl?" I nodded, daring to meet her eyes once she pulled back. "Use your words, Miss Reagan."

"Yes, Professor." I whispered. "You watched me do it." I added.

She smirked. "I know." Before I could speak again, she began to lay featherlight kisses down my neck and collarbone, making me shiver.

"Is-Is-Isabelle!" I gasped quietly.

"So responsive..." She murmured in between kisses. "Maybe I ought to reward you for being a good girl, hm?"

I froze at the thought and after several moments, she stopped and lifted my chin to meet my eyes. "I'm sorry, was that too much?"

She looked at me apologetically and I stayed silent for several moments as her face fell. Finally, I forced myself to speak and the tone of my response surprised even me. "Maybe you should." I whispered confidently as I brought my lips up to meet hers.