Chapter 11

Arielle

I was meeting Trey today. That was all that my mind could process right now. I was on my way to the specified location when I got a little distracted with a text from Celine. I had gotten out of her car a little while back, so that I wouldn't cause any suspicion. I was about to put my phone back into my pocket when my it began to ring. Chase's contact appeared on my screen. "Yes?" I answered.

"Turn left, then go straight."

"Are you following me?!" I asked incredulously in a hiss once I had recovered from the shock.

There was a silence. "No."

"Li-"

"I'm not following you, Arielle. I had Ave track your phone." He admitted quietly. I stayed silent, unsure of how to respond. "I saw you stop for awhile and thought you might be lost. The location that you are looking for is just at the end of the next block. Good luck." He hung up before I could say anything else.

I sighed and put my phone back into my back pocket before turning left and walking towards the abandoned building. "Didn't think you'd actually show up, Rebecca."

I spun around to see Rex grinning at me with his arms crossed. "Thanks for the confidence." I said crossly, feeling extremely grateful that he hadn't heard me talking to Chase.

"Alright." He rolled his eyes. "You're not gonna regret this, right?" I nodded in confirmation. "I'm pretty sure Trey mentioned that he had some business down at that old building. We can wait outside for him." He began to walk towards the building directly across the street and I followed, keeping a safe distance behind.

Rex turned and raised his eyebrows at me. "I'm not going to ambush you or anything, you can relax." I eyed him warily and he sighed and continued to walk.

"Trey's not a fan of me, is he?"

He stopped and looked at me in surprise. "You're a girl and half his size, but you somehow one-upped him in a fight. That's gotta hurt."

"He seems more than just bitter though." I commented.

"Well, like with any of us, you have to earn respect. Trey will warm up to you, just keep your down and give him time, Becca." Rex elbowed me in the arm.

I made a disgusted look. "Don't call me that." I snapped.

He grinned widely. "Why not?"

"Because..." I grunted and changed the subject. "Why are you being nice to me then?"

"You didn't beat my ass in a fight. 'Sides, you've got nerve challenging Trey to a fight. You're obviously didn't beat him by accident." He paused before grinning at me and saying the last part. "Not to mention you're pretty easy on the eyes."

"Watch it." I warned. "I'll beat your ass too."

Rex rolled his eyes. "Is that a threat or a promise?"

I groaned. "Why are all guys like this?"

"Hey!"

"C'mon. I have five minutes before I have to meet Trey."

"Relax," he stopped walking. "The entrance is just round back." He pointed with his finger. "Let's just wait here."

I shrugged. "Sure, why not?"

Rex pulled out a pack of cigarettes. "Want one?" I shook my head.

"Suit yourself." He pulled one out and lit it with a lighter before bringing it to his mouth. "You're not much of a talker, are you?"

"I have nothing to say."

"Everyone has something to say."

"Well I guess I'm no one then."