Chapter 8

Arielle

Once Avery had helped me clean all of the blood off of my face, she handed me an ice pack for my mouth where Trey had punched me. "Okay, I'll take you home. You don't look that bad." Chase commented.

"Take me to Celine's." I said immediately. Chase raised an eyebrow at me.

"You're actually not going back?"

"Not for a couple of days." I shrugged. I was a lot less bothered than earlier. Perhaps I was on a little bit of a high from winning the fight. It was one step closer to Clara.

"You can stay with me." Chase immediately offered.

"That's really not appropriate." I responded. Truth be told, that wasn't my concern. Chase knew this too. I was determined that we only had a working relationship.

He glared at me. "Avery is staying too. Feel free to invite Celine as well. I just want as much time as possible to prepare you and to make sure that you're alright." His tone was very defensive. I knew he was probably thinking about my dad's suspicions.

"You're right, I'm sorry." I muttered after a moment. "I actually didn't want to bother Cel, she's probably busy."

Avery had already dialed Celine's number before I had even finished speaking. She shoved the phone at me. Celine picked up on the second ring.

"Ave?"

"No, it's Ari."

"Ari! How'd it go??"

"I'm talking to you, aren't I?" I chuckled. Chase glanced at me curiously as he stopped at a red light. I quickly turned my head to the side so he couldn't see my face.

"Are you really okay though?" She asked quietly in a worried tone.

"I'm alright. Just wondering if you'd like to stay with boss, Ave, and I for a couple of days."

"You're staying with Chase?" She asked in surprise.

"Yeah. My dad and I had another disagreement. I don't want to bother you if you're busy though-"

"I'll be there in fifteen. Want me to bring anything?"

"No, see you soon." I replied before ending the call. I felt slightly better. Celine had always dropped everything for me and even though it made me feel guilty at times, I deeply appreciated everything that she did for me.

I handed the phone back to Avery just as Chase pulled up to his house. I had been here twice before. It had two floors; the lower floor consisted of a kitchen, main bathroom, living room, and an office, and the upper floor had three bedrooms and each room had its own bathroom.

"You and Celine can pick your rooms." Chase said as we entered the house.

"Isn't there just one extra room?"

"What?" Avery's face suddenly went red.

I frowned in confusion. "You use one room, Ave uses one, and there's one left?"

Chase paled and Avery avoided my gaze. Something clicked in my head. "Wait...are you two sharing a room?"

Celine suddenly walked up to us at the door. "Something you two wanna tell us, boss?" She smirked.

"I'll go start dinner." Avery mumbled and walked ahead of us into the kitchen.

"How long have you two been living together?" Celine grinned.

"Go upstairs and unpack." Chase muttered and walked off as well. Celine and I shared a knowing smile.

"Let's share a room anyway." I nodded in agreement.