Chapter 29

Arielle

I woke up in a rather compromising position. When I opened my eyes, I realized Isabelle had an arm and a leg wrapped around me. While normally I would have enjoyed this, the proximity made me very nervous in this context. I figured that she was probably just trying to make sure I didn't run in the night. I stared at the clock on the nightstand: 6:00 am. Chase and Celine must have been worried sick. I squirmed around, trying not to wake her. When I finally freed myself, I checked to make sure that she was still asleep and carefully tiptoed over to her nightstand. I picked up her phone and realized that it wasn't locked. I quickly dialed Chase's number. He finally picked up after three rings, sounding visibly flustered. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." I whispered.

There was a silence for a moment. "ARIELLE REAGAN!" My eyes widened and I dropped the phone. I bent down to pick it up. When I stood up again, I noticed that Isabelle was now sitting up in her bed, watching me silently. Her face was expressionless. I froze in fear. "Do you know how worried I've been?! Where are you?! I'm coming to get you right now!" Chase's yelling barely even registered in my mind. Isabelle began to get up and walk towards me.

"I'm with a friend. I c-can't talk right now, but she'll drive me to school. I left my phone at home last night. I'm sorry."

"Ari-" I quickly hung up. She approached me with a menacing glare. I practically threw the phone at her.

"I'm sorry! I swear I didn't say anything!"

"What were you doing?" She asked dangerously. I began to shake again.

"I-I'm sorry." I whimpered like a broken record. "I woke up and realized that Chase must be worried sick, so I just told him I was with a friend."

"Who is Chase?"

"My boss th-that you met." I whispered. "The-the one who's been helping me find my sister."

"What did I say about breaking my rules?" She shoved the phone into her pocket.

My eyes immediately flickered it to her again. I knew what she was referring to, but I had to force myself to say it. "That there would be consequences."

She took a step back. "Go stand with your face against the wall."

"Y-yes, Miss." I quickly complied and waited.

She approached me seconds later and yanked down my pants. I closed my eyes, but didn't dare move away. I didn't want to test her after all that had happened the previous night. I gasped in pain as something hit my lower thighs. It was much harder than the times that she had punished me before.

"Don't. Turn. Around." She warned. Another blow came, as hard as the first. The force of every stroke pushed me against the wall. She continued to hit me 7 more times before dropping the belt to the floor with a clang. I heard her footsteps walking away and exiting the room. I remained facing the wall in fear. She had never hit me so hard before. Once I looked down, I saw the pink welts start to form on the back of my legs. They hurt a lot worse than they looked. Isabelle re-entered the room moments later and walked over to me. Placing one hand on my shoulder, she spun me around and handed me a pile of clothes with a jar of some sort of cream on top of the pile. "Get dressed. Breakfast is in 15 minutes. Put that on your legs."