Chapter 43

Isabelle

I was going to kill Francis, if my father didn't get to him first. He didn't believe in second chances for traitors. I was starting to understand why. Marcel hurried off to try and track Francis' cellphone as well as try and figure out what car he had taken while I took Alexander's call.

"What." His voice sounded gruff on the other end. "You can't just call seven times from a blocked number. You know how suspicious that will look if he checks my phone?" He said lowly.

"It was an emergency." I started to pace. "Alexander, I need your help. I-"

"I can meet you tomorrow at noon."

"There's no time for that!" I tired to keep my voice down. "Look, Arielle is missing. We know Vincenzo took her."

There was a silence on the other end. "For how long."

I glanced at the clock. "Maybe three hours ago. Or four."

There was a silence on the other line. "I heard a shipment was brought in this afternoon ago. I don't know where though. I can't ask too many questions but if I had to guess, the safehouse on Mercy and 56th would be a safe bet."

"Thank you." I heard myself say gratefully.

"Look, don't call me again anytime today, okay? I'll find a way to reach out if I find anything out, but it's my ass on the line too. You know what they did to Rex." Trey said in an annoyed tone. "Reagan's boss. Whoever she worked for. I think he had a contact here too. She knew an awful lot about how things worked here."

"Right, thanks." Then the line went dead.

I stared at the phone. Three hours, and we still had nothing solid. The location was nothing more than a guess and even though I was willing to work with a guess, I didn't want to risk sending men there and tipping off Vincenzo. If he knew that he was being raided, he could run off with Arielle...or worse. If I went myself, and it was the wrong location, I would be wasting precious time.

Marcel re-entered the room with Chase Evans. "Mademoiselle, he took the Black Mercedes, plate 6ER, 87F, but it looks like he abandoned it near a warehouse and took off. His phone tracked for a bit longer, but he turned that off too."

I sighed in frustration at first and ran my hand through my hair. Remembering what Alexander said, I stood up immediately and walked over to Chase Evans. "Who is your contact?"

"What?"

"In the Black Phoenix, Evans. Don't play dumb. I don't have time for games."

He stiffened. "I don't have to tell you that."

I felt myself getting angry. "Arielle could be killed at any minute. I don't have time to f*ck around."

He narrowed his eyes. "Don't you think I know that?! I'm trying. I'll contact my source and you contact yours. I'm not giving you his name."

"Why? Because you screwed up his life too?" I got in his face, seeing his fists clench.

"I did not-"

"Just like you did to Arielle! Yes, she wanted to help her sister. You didn't have to involve her! If you really wanted to help her for altruistic purposes, you didn't need to involve her! I know you had your own selfish reasons to, regardless if you'll admit it to me."

"I want to find Arielle as much as you, but I'm not here to be your punching bag, lady. Deal with your anger issues and I'll find Arielle myself." He stormed out angrily and I made no move to stop him.

"Mademoiselle-"

"Get a car, Marcel. We're going. Now."

~~~~