Control

Brian's POV

Right then, the band struck up a slow song behind us and i leaned over "Can I talk to you?"

"Talk," she replied keeping her eyes on the conversation that was going on around us.

"On the dance floor," I pointed.

She gave me a phony smile "Whatever you have to say to me you can say right here."

I leaned in close and spoke next to her ear keeping my voice low. I could see the goose bumps rise on her arms. "Are you sure about that? Cause I was just going to comment how much I enjoy the commentary you make during sex."

Her mouth fell open then snapped shut "You wouldn't say that. My father is standing right there, "she growled hoarsely.

"Yeah I would. If you don't believe it, we could always bet again. I know I'd win this time," I replied, taking in the look she had in her eyes. I remembered it well. It was the same face she'd given me when I first kissed her, that night on the boat, the last time we'd had sex.

She blinked and cleared her throat. "You cheat. In more ways than one,"

"Guilty." I leaned back and looked into her face. "Shall we?"

I didn't wait for her answer.

I handed my beer to an astonished Zina and moved Zoey to the middle of the dance floor. I placed my palm in the middle of her back and folded her hand in mine. We both took a step forward at the same time and our chests collided with mine. Not that I minded. It was the closest we'd been in weeks.

"I'm going to lead this one," I said trying to take control.

She let me lead but it was like dancing with a card board cutout.

"Relax." I said next to her temple.

"I am." She hissed

"No you're moving like you have a stick up your butt."

She glared. "Charming. Say what you have to say but make it quick."

"Are you wearing panties under that dress?"

"Is that what you want to talk about?"

Well it was one of the things I wanted to talk about. "Not if you don't want to tell me."

I moved her closer to the stage and the bright lights slid through her dark hair.

"Do you want to have a wedding ceremony for your parents?" I asked

"No," she replied annoyed. "Is that what was so important that you dragged me out here?"

"No," I slid one hand up her back while keeping the other at her waist.

She closed her eyes and for a few seconds, she tightened her arms around my neck.

"So what did you want to say?" she asked quietly.

"Nothing," I replied honestly "I just wanted to dance with you. I figured that was the best way."

"You could have just asked," she frowned. "You didn't have to threaten to spill my dirty secrets in front of my parents."

"Would you have said yes?" I asked looking down into her green eyes.

She sighed "Probably not."

"Then I did the right thing...and I got a kick out of it," I replied. "You should have seen your face. It was freaking hilarious."

Her brows drew together and alarms went off in my head. Wrong thing to say, Brian. Way to go
"You're an asshole," she pinched the back of my neck, before pushing away and put more than a few inches between us.