What Happens in Vegas

Zoey’s POV

I went ahead and decided to meet the group in Vegas instead of making the trek to Huntington Beach. I had finally managed to get ahold of Lee’s attorney to sign the divorce agreement and needless to say, I was a bit bummed but happy to finally be free. If only I could shake the press now.

Arriving late into McCarran, I had already spoken to Gena about meeting them at Mickey’s Cues and Brews, a favorite hangout of the boys.

I dressed casually in some jeans with a black and white striped boat neck long sleeve and my favorite black boots. I applied mascara and lip gloss to and was ready to leave the hotel, hoping like hell no one would recognize me after getting a short pixie haircut before I left LA.

 “What can I get ya?” the bartender asked as I leaned over the bar.

On the stage, some poor girl was singing a poor karaoke rendition of some vaguely familiar pop ballad while a few couples attempted to dance.

“Do you have Sam Adams Utopias?” I dared to ask

The bartender’s eyebrows pulled together and he looked at me like I ordered a Shirley Temple with extra cherries.

“I’ll have a Bud Lite,” I amended

“Good choice.” He said as he moved away to the beer spigots.”Bottle or draft?”

“Either is fine.”

“Zoey!!!” I hear someone call and I turned to see Leana and Lacey making their way toward me.

“Hey girls” I smiled widely at them.

“Oh my God you’re hair!” Leana screamed as she touched it with both hands. “It looks adorable.”

“Thanks,” I replied glad they liked it.

Lacey laughed “It’s about time you made it, I’m so glad. Are you going to jump on stage and give us a treat?”

“Oh no, I don’t think I could..”

“Of course you can. If that girl can get up there and sing then you can rock the house.”

“7.50” the bartender said setting two glasses of beer in front of me.

“I only ordered one” I explained as I heard the music change to two young co-eds trying their hand at singing “Poker face”

He pointed to the sign behind him “Friday night is twofer night.”

Wow, I haven’t had twofer night since my early days in college, I thought as I threw a ten down.

“Where is everyone at?” I asked as I followed the girls to the back of the bar..

“The boys are at the tables.” Leana added “They’ve got some games going.”

“Is everyone here?” I asked as I took a sip of my beer.

Lacey looked from Leana to Zoey and back again “Everyone but Michelle.”

I wasn’t surprised but I acted like I was. “She didn’t come?”

Leana shrugged “She was going to but they fought again so she stayed behind.”

I could feel tension and I knew it was because of the pics of me and Brian that the press plastered everywhere. Both girls continued eyeing each other as if they wanted to say something else.

 “Am I missing something?”

“Zacky and Brian are on the outs,” Lacey said quietly. I almost didn’t make out what she said.

Almost Easyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें