Seemed like a good idea at the time...

Zoey's POV

Flash forward 6 years to losing my virginity…this time to Synyster Gates…it wasn’t as sweet, but well…. And yeah I was a late bloomer..so what?… where was I? Oh  yeah 21 yrs old..Zacky was 23 and Avenged Sevenfold was celebrating the release of the Sounding of the Seventh Trumpet.

I had just graduated from UCLA and was excited to see my brother who in my mind reached great success. Sure I had busted my ass for four years studying music but he’d gone off and gotten a record deal. People were going to know who Avenged Sevenfold was and I couldn’t have been prouder. The boys had chartered a yacht for the celebration and I remember being beside myself with happiness that I was going to see Brian again. This time, I’d show him that I had finally grown up.

I dressed carefully in a cotton white halter dress and sandals. I brushed my dark wavy hair and tried to suit my makeup to my complexion. I had finally come to terms with my muddy green eyes and big lips and tried to enhance the former and downplay the latter.  I noticed as I got on the boat most of the women were wearing short shorts and a bathing suit. Metallica blared from the speakers of the boat’s sound system. It seemed to clash with all the women that were in their twenties with their gleaming hair, long legs and sexy bodies.

I held the sibling card so I knew I had that over them. I found Zacky with a gorgeous blond sitting on his lap, her lips glued to his. “Ugh Zacky, what the hell? I did not come all the way from LA to see you sucking face.”

Zacky’s green eyes widened as he turned to see me. He jumped up causing the blond to stumble back. He grabbed me and enveloped me in the biggest hug “Zoey! I’m so glad you’re here.”

“I missed you too, Zack.” I sighed hugging my brother tight. He didn’t let go until the blond cleared her throat.

“Oh my God, Zoey, this is Gena. I’ve told you about Gena, right?” he asked me.

“Yeah,” I played along as I extended my hand to take hers  “Of course, it’s so nice to finally meet you. I’ve heard so much about you.”

Her hand was warm and her handshake was firm. “I’m so glad to meet you too. Zacky talks about you all the time but since you hadn’t visited, I was starting to think he had imagined you.”

“Oh wow, Zacky..what the hell are you saying?”

“Only that you’re the Queen of the Bakers,” he smiled.

“That I am,” I laughed. “Just don’t tell Zina that.”

“Oh my GOD, is that little sister????” I heard Jimmy yell pulling Leana in tow.

I was genuinely glad to see Jimmy and didn’t mind when he enveloped me in his arms, lifting me off my feet, spinning me around. “Jimmy, it’s good to see you too.”

When he released me, I was a bit dizzy and Leana put a steadying arm around my waist. “Hey Leana, you look beautiful as always.”

“So do you girl. Los Angeles has done right by you..I wouldn’t have recognized you. You look so….”

“Grown up!” Jimmy yelled “Lil sister is all grown up.”

“The hell you say!” Matt joined us, flashing those dimples “Well, well, well, look at you Zoey. You actually did fill out quite nicely. It’s about time. I was starting to worry that Zacky would have bigger boobs than you.”

Val punched him in the arm but pulled me into a hug “Don’t listen to him. It’s good to see you girl. How does being a college graduate feel?”

I laughed “It feels like….” I didn’t finish my sentence because I had finally spotted Brian. He emerged out of the cabin shirtless with black swim trunks on, a cigarette hanging out of his lips and a woman under each arm.