Cryptals (Species)

Description: All Cryptals, male or female, have a pair of limbs that look like wings, but in reality are actually a pair of limbs that can grasp on to objects. They're commonly used to climb with, since they can reach higher up. Their skin can either be red or green, and their eyes are usually pitch black, with a few acceptions. Their clothing consists of a jumpsuit of varying colors, and if they work in the C.O.R.P., their military power, they can have little techy-bits strapped around their body (helmets, boots, wristbands, etc.) They have pronouns, but there is no biological difference between males or females, so there really is no genders. They usually pick their pronouns, and then get a voice modular to fit. Until the age of 10, they are mute. This is because they are born without voices, until they get their modulators. Because of the modulators, their voices have a robotic tinge to it. Most Cryptals have a long lifespan, around 600 years or so (if they're lucky). Reproduce using spores. Their jumpsuits are permanently affixed to their bodies, so it's important they choose the color they want because it's permanent.

History: Centuries ago, the Cryptals were locked in an Interdimensional War with the Models (commonly named the Portal Wars). After several years of stalemate, neither side gaining any ground, the Cryptals began the Center of Omnidirectional Research Portals (or the C.O.R.P.). This division focused on advanced portal research, since up to this point the Models had been invading using their own portals, and the Cryptals had been defending. They found various methods of opening portals in their dimension, and even found a way to weaponize portals. The C.O.R.P equipped their soldiers with gear capable of opening portals on the battlefield, using them as weapons and modes of transport. Eventually, the Model leader was assassinated, and a new Model was put in power. They called off the war and met with the Cryptals for a peace treaty. The name of that Model is lost to time, since they retired shortly after. But they are well known as the Savior, since the Models were losing badly. But this isn't about the Models, is it? Anyways, a peace treaty was made, the Models recalled their troops, and the Cryptals celebrated for 10 days. The C.O.R.P. remained, but as a less militaristic science division, branching out to other dimensions and establishing relations. The Models and Cryptals get along today, but there is still some tension, if incredibly mild.

Common Abilities:
   Portals- Most younger Cryptals have the genetic ability to open Portals (anyone born in the last 200 years, thanks to the C.O.R.P), but it is not a guarantee. Those born without this ability are fitted with standard C.O.R.P. gear, and appropriate it into their style.
   Fast Reflexes- Cryptals typically have much faster reflexes than most beings in any dimension. This is part of what helped them win in the Portal Wars.
   Dead Silence- When necessary, they can create absolutely no noise. No breathing, footsteps, anything. It's been determined that this is not of technological origin, and must be a technique taught in their younger years, since this cannot be genetic. Or is it...?

Relations:
   Models- Used to be enemies, now are Frenemies.
   Saptems- Allies. This species and dimension is unknown to the Models.

Red Cryptal wearing C.O.R.P. Exploration Jumpsuit.

Green Cryptal wearing C

Green Cryptal wearing C.O.R.P Science Jumpsuit.

Quick Note: Jumpsuits can be any color, but C

Quick Note: Jumpsuits can be any color, but C.O.R.P jumpsuits have that symbol on them.

Please ask before using any of my species. I'll be making a new Models page soon, or maybe revamping the old one, idk.