The Marionettist

Bio

The Marionettist is an entity native to The Basement. It's one of the only creatures to naturally evolve down there, rather than be dumped there as a failed creation. Through unknown means, theorized to be through experimentation, it gained the ability of higher thinking. However it managed it, it now controls its own faction down in the Basement, using a host to lead them. It's worshipped as a god and it's considered an honor to be inhabited by their great deity.

------------

Description

   •Physical: The Marionettist has no physical form, instead existing as a sentient "energy" moving from host-to-host. It can sometimes be seen as an aura surrounding their host that is the colors of purples and reds. It feeds off of its host's willpower, and once they've been drained of it all, the Marionettist adds them to its army of obedient soldiers.

   •Personality: The Marionettist is a vain entity, thinking itself above all other things in the Basement

   •Personality: The Marionettist is a vain entity, thinking itself above all other things in the Basement. Though it does respect the agreement of the Ruined City Treaty between all the settlements, including its own. The only group excluded from that group is the Central Collective, whom it fears. It enjoys tormenting its hosts within their own mind, conditioning them into soldiers for when they are inevitably drained and added to his army. It almost never switches hosts until after they've been completely drained, but there have been few who have escaped the ordeal alive...

------------

Abilities

   •Willpower Drain: The Marionettist slowly drains the Willpower of its hosts to feed itself.

   •Puppeteering: The Marionettist controls its hosts much like a Puppeteer would control a puppet.

   •Hallucinogen: The Marionettist's mere presence can produce small hallucinations for people. Not even the most powerful of psychics or entities is completely immune to these hallucinations.

------------

Weapons

   •Drained Army: The Marionettist uses its army to defend its settlement.

------------

Relationships

   •Central Collective/Few: Afraid of them.

   •Ruined City Settlement: Respects them...for some reason.

   •Blackstone Field Settlement: Hates them. Though their location leaves them out of its reach...

   •Blackstone Caves Settlement: Similar situation to the Fields settlement.

   •Dark Forest Settlement: Its loyal followers. In the perfect location to hide from the Central Collective.