Spade (Vampire Hunter)

TW/CW: Blood, Suggestive Themes, Implied "Relations"

--------

Bio

Spade wasn't always called Spade, he has just forgotten his old name. He was once nothing more than a lowly knight, serving under his Lord to protect his city. One day, it turns out, said Lord took a liking to Spade, and he was promoted to Royal Guard. This specific Order of Knights were dedicated to protecting the Lord, and as such were often in close proximity...and in Spade's case, very close. Not that Spade was complaining.

Then one day Spade's Lord did something terrible. He betrayed his people, sacrificing their freedom so that he may "ascend" to a more powerful being - A vampire.

Spade tried his best to minimize the damage and get people away from the city, but in the end it was all for naught. The city was swarmed with Vampires, draining the citizens left and right. Spade tried his best to fend them off but was eventually overwhelmed and knocked out.

When he woke up, it was to the very familiar sight of his Lord's bedchambers. His Lord was sitting on the edge of their bed wearing his robe, facing away, as he had many times before, and for a moment he thought it was all a dream. He rolled over and grabbed his Lord's shoulder, but quickly let go once his Lord turned to face him, his mouth covered in blood.

His Lord began trying to calm him down, explaining that he had done all of this for Spade so that they could be together without judgement, that what they had was common to see amongst Vampires, but Spade wasn't having any of it. He sat up and fell out of bed, not wearing his armor but instead the outfit he always wore underneath.

His Lord sighed and walked over, towering over Spade as he always had. He grabbed Spade's throat and told him Spade was going to join him, whether he liked it or not. So he tore out Spade's throat and left him there, dying, with no choice but to accept Vampirehood or die. So, begrudgingly, he accepted his Lord's blood and became a Vampire.

But just because he accepted doesn't mean his Lord forgave him for first refusing. Spade became his Lord's pet, his Lord going so far as to have a special collar made for him that  was only unlocked with a silver key, so he could not unlock himself. The collar also enforced obedience onto Spade so he was unable to kill his Lord. The key was also thrown away for extra measure. His Lord kept him close to him at all times, not wanting anything to happen to his precious Spade.

Then one day Spade's collar stopped working, and Spade had the opportunity to kill the Lord and be free. So he did. He chopped off the Lord's head, freeing him from his disgusting control.

Then Spade slaughtered every Vampire in the castle, with a speed and ferocity fueled by his incredible hatred for their kind. Sure they managed to overwhelm him before, but they had gotten lazy. And he'd been nothing more than a human beforehand.

It was two years later he became a Hunter. Sure every other Vampire Hunter despises him for what he is, but so does he do it makes things even.

Best friends with a werewolf, ironically.

--------

Description

   ♠ Physical: Spade has long black hair tied back in a ponytail, with the common red eyes and pale skin of a Vampire. He wears his old Royal Guard outfit, the cape in tatters, with a blood-red collar around his neck with a tag. The name has long since faded away. Around his waist is a belt with his sword. He has a birthmark under his right eye in the shape of a spade, hence his name, along with a clawmark over his left eye.

   ♠ Personality: Spade is a very flirty person, which gets him into more trouble than it's worth most of the time

   ♠ Personality: Spade is a very flirty person, which gets him into more trouble than it's worth most of the time. Despite that, he just uses the flirting to hide his insecurities. He often goes for several weeks without blood, as he detests having to feed off of other people, which leads to him being weaker and more vulnerable than most other Vampires. But while most Vampires rely on their strength and magical abilities rather than a traditional fighting style, Spade instead uses advanced swordplay, pairing his longsword with a smaller dagger. And because his weapons are made of silver, which makes them extra detrimental to his quarry. When Spade's not hunting, he's usually hanging out at his home in the Bloodletter's Blade, the main organization for Vampire Hunter's, with his best friend Ace. Ace is a werewolf. Spade has a decent amount of self-hatred.

--------

Weapons

   ♠ Silver Longsword: Spade's old longsword he used back when he was a Royal Guardsman, reforged with silver for extra effectiveness against Vampires. Has a slot in the bottom of the handle where he can fit the handle of his dagger into.

   ♠ Silver Dagger: A silver Dagger forged out of pure silver. Made after Spade's first fight with a Vampire Lord, after which he realized his sword alone made him easier to predict, and therefore counter. Ace forged this for him not long afterwards.

--------

Abilities

   ♠ Immortality: He can't die of natural causes. He can still be killed by other Vampires and any Hunters who get overzealous.

   ♠ Enhanced Speed and Strength: Self explanatory. Because he is a Vampire, Spade has speed and strength better than other humans.

   ♠ Heightened Senses: Spade has enhanced senses of smell, sight, and sound.

---------

Weaknesses

   ♠ Sunlight: He's a Vampire. What else do you want me to say?

   ♠ Silver: Silver burns him. Was once shot by a silver bullet, and it hurt worse than when he got his throat ripped out.

   ♠ Decapitation: If his head gets cut off, he dies. End of story. The only good thing about his collar is it makes it harder to decapitate him, seeing as it is indestructible.

---------

Relationships

   ♠ Ace: Best friend and closest ally. She's the smith for the Bloodletter's Blade and spars with Spade often.

   ♠ Bloodletter's Blade: Hunter's Guild, and Spade's home. Most people respect him, but there are definitely those who find his very presence detestable.

   ♠ Bloodletter's Whetstone: Leaders of the Bloodletter's Blade. They actually seem to like him...enough to let him stay, that is.