Victoria Bludworth

Bio: Victoria was just a young girl when the Healing Church first began the practice of Blood Ministration. She had Hemophobia, so she had never used the Church's "miracle blood". Victoria's parents had hired a private doctor, specifically because of Victoria's aversion to blood. While her parents thrived from their usage of the Blood, Victoria felt too normal. She was sure she was the only person in Yharnam who didn't use the Church's Blood. Which is why she was one of the only people who really saw the side effects.

Everyone began changing. Not severely, just a little bit. People had become addicted to the Blood, children began being born wrong somehow, and nobody heard the sounds of wolves howling in the night. There were no wolves in Yharnam. Not before the Blood, at least. Then she begun seeing things in the dark, hearing the sounds of metal cutting through flesh, despite nothing being there. Once, she could have sworn she saw a man with a scythe fighting some kind of werewolf. But that couldn't be right. Werewolves were works of fiction.

When she finally reached the age of sixteen, her parents did what every parent did - they begun searching for a suitable suitor for their daughter. Victoria protested, but her words fell on deaf ears. Her parents promised they'd find her someone perfect, which to them meant a man with lots of money. But Victoria didn't want that. Then again, nobody really knew what she wanted.

Eventually, her parents found her a suitor that met their standards, and a wedding was set for a few weeks after their meeting. Victoria was disgusted. He wasn't a bad looking man, not by any means, but he just wasn't her type. Plus, he used the Church's Blood like it was candy. He couldn't get enough of it.

Victoria remembers her "Wedding Day" with fondness and sadness. First off, she didn't end up having to marry the man her parents had arranged for. No, he'd transformed into a hideous beast before they'd even said their vows. Victoria was both relieved and terrified. Her former husband-to-be had transformed into a hulking beast, electricity sparking from his black fur. Most of the people attending were massacred, but before the beast could kill her a blade pierced its leg.

The beast screamed and ran off, the blade tearing through its leg as it crashed through the wall. When Victoria looked up, a pale young woman with blonde hair was offering her hand to help her up.

The woman explained that her name was Maria, and that she was a Hunter of the Church. Maria's job was to hunt down anyone that became a Beast, a side effect of the Blood on certain people. Hunters usually hunted in secret, under the guise of night so as not to raise suspicion. And now Maria gave her a choice - Become a Hunter, or Maria could kill her like she was supposed to in order to keep the secret. Having no other choice, Victoria decided to become a Hunter.

Maria herself was in charge of training Victoria, and so Victoria gained the same affinity for fast bladed weapons Maria. The other Hunters called her Lady Maria, so Victoria, too, began calling her that. Eventually, she was introduced to Ludwig the Holy Blade, official Head Hunter of the Church. He brought her to the Workshop to create her own trick weapon, or maybe just find one that clicked with her.

As soon as she entered the workshop she was greeted by an assortment of weapons from axes that could extend their handle, swords that could enter their sheath to become a larger sword or a hammer, even weapons that were part gun. But none of these really clicked with her. So when she was sent home (she inherited her parents' mansion), she began drawing up plans for her dream weapon. And when she finished, she brought her blueprints to the workshop to begin building it.

It was a sword that hid a secret within. Inspired by the Threaded Cane, she hid segmented pieces of sword within the hilt that would fall out and join together into a solid sword when the handle was twisted. The pieces would be serrated, to provide the most possible damage to Beasts with the hidden blade, and even provide a little extra damage to other humans if necessary. She could then seperate the hilt into two pieces, separating the blades into two swords. Victoria named her masterpiece the Hidden Devil.

When she showed Lady Maria (whose weapon had a similar splitting blade function), who was impressed with Victoria's affinity for weapons crafting. She secretly asked Victoria not to share the blade's schematics with anyone else, as this weapon was too unique to be in the hands of the Church Hunters. Victoria hid the schematics, along with her weapon itself during the day, in a hidden compartment in an old chest of her parents.

Then one day, almost all the Old Hunters just...disappeared. Even Ludwig, shining Beacon of the Church. Victoria and the rest of the Hunters who were left scattered throughout Yharnam, claiming their own territories. Victoria got claim to Central Yharnam, which she shared with Gascoigne since he lived there with his daughters. And now she forever Hunts, seeking out the Beast that was once her arranged husband-to-be.

------------

Description:
   ●Physical - Victoria has raven-black hair with red streaks that she added herself to make her hair a bit less boring, and wears a long pair of red earrings. Here eyes are yellow (right) and blue (left), a genetic mutation that resulted from her getting a bad batch of Blood for her first Infusion when becoming a Hunter (they had to put her under since she kept freaking out). She wears modified Hunter Garb, but without the hat as she finds it a bit unnecessary. It looks cool, but it's just not her style. She still wears the face-mask, though, to keep all the blood out of her mouth and just off of that part of her face in general.
   ●Personality - Victoria generally prefers being alone in her mansion with nothing more than the staff (cleaning staff, cooking staff, etc.), but she also enjoys the beauty of Central Yharnam, so she'll sometimes wander the streets dressed in clothing typically frowned upon during this time period (men's clothing as a woman), since she finds it more comfortable and generally serves to turn away the eyes of any man potentially seeking to court her. She's a Lesbian, something she's never told anyone, not even Lady Maria. You wouldn't believe the amount of times a man snuck into her mansion thinking he could make better use of the place, only to be dispatched by the Hidden Devil, in the hands of Victoria herself. Now when it comes to Hunting, there are some complications. Victoria has Hemophobia, which is a bit of a problem for a Hunter, since they heal by stabbing themselves with Blood Vials. Because of this, Victoria will never heal with a Blood Vial unless she absolutely has to (close to death, heavily injured, etc.). If she's in battle and she heals, she can use the fight to distract herself from freaking out. If she heals when not in a fight, she has to find somewhere safe to do it so she's not vulnerable to outside attack while she's calming down.

------------

Weapons:
   ●Hidden Devil - A trick weapon of Victoria's own design, it's what she has based her entire fighting style around. In its Base Mode, it's a simple sword much like most Church weapons. When it's Trick Mode is activated, a second blade sprouts from the hilt that is serrated and splits the hilt in two, separating into two swords. The charged heavy attack makes the serrated blade split its segments into a bladed whip and perform a powerful downward slash.
   ●Evelyn - A pistol more standard to the Vileblood Knights of Cainhurst Castle, this pistol is the only hint Victoria ever had of her former mentor's past. This pistol was gifted to Victoria by Lady Maria after her Hunter Training had finished. It's more for decoration, however, as Victoria prefers to fight with Hidden Devil in its Trick Mode, which doesn't allow Victoria to use her pistol very often.

------------

Gear Details:
   ●Victoria's Mask - An alteration of the Hunter Garb that discards the usage of a hat for more visibility. Victoria chose to forego the hat to stand out from her other Hunters. She only realized the visibility benefits afterward.
   ●Victoria's Garb - An alteration of the Hunter Garb that adds on shoulder guards for slightly more physical protection. Victoria prefers to heal herself as little as possible, which makes fortifying her Garb a bit of an obvious choice. It's not too much to slow down the wearer, but enough that it at least allows the wearer to take a little less damage.
   ●Victoria's Trousers - A more traditional alteration of the Hunter Garb. Victoria, much like her mentor, prefers the usage of trousers in her outfit rather than more traditional clothing for female Hunters.

------------

Relationships:
   ●Lady Maria - Former mentor and closest friend. Has no idea where she went.
   ●Ludwig - One of the few men who didn't treat her like she didn't belong, but rather as an equal. Holds great respect for him.
   ●Gherman - Found him a bit creepy and hated how he stared at Lady Maria. Doesn't particularly like him.
   ●Father Gascoigne - Respects his wish to keep his family safe. Once asked her to end him if he ever went mad.