Wainwright the Accursed Captain

Bio: Wainwright was born in a small fishing village, its name long forgotten, in the days of adventure, magic, and most of all...pirates! Wainwright's mother died when he was young, and his father left before he was born, leaving him all alone. He got a job on a local merchant's ship, and remained there for several years. The merchant was a terrible person, treating everyone on the boat like garbage, but he paid well, so everyone else just let him be. One day, though, the ship was attacked by pirates, and Wainwright hid in the hold. Eventually, though, the pirates found him and drug him up top with the rest, sitting him right next to the merchant. Then the pirates began killing the crew, starting at the one farthest away from Wainwright, eventually getting through half the line. The merchant made a comment on how useless this entire crew was, and something inside Wainwright snapped. He grabbed a flintlock pistol from the Pirate next to him and blew off the merchant's head. This shocked everyone, especially the pirate Wainwright stole the flintlock from. He looked around and threw down the pistol, before sitting back down. The pirates continued their killing, but when they got to Wainwright, their captain stopped them. Instead they had them bring him onto their ship and threw him in the hold. For two weeks he stayed there, dead to the world, only interacting for food and water. Even freaked out the pirates. Then one day, the pirates brought him to the Captain's Chamber, where the captain sat behind his desk. The pirates left, leaving Wainwright and the captain alone. The captain stared at Wainwright...and Wainwright stared back. Then the captain started speaking, talking about why they attacked the merchant's ship. These particular pirates belonged to a group with special rules...special traditions. When a captain seeks to retire, they must first find a successor. But it can't just be anyone. It has to be someone with no prior pirating experience. It has to be someone mad at the world. It had to be someone like Wainwright, a person who'd lost everything and was forced into circumstances they had no choice in. And when Wainwright shot the merchant, the captain knew he'd found his successor. He pulled a paper out of his desk and handed it to Wainwright. It was a contract, to become his apprentice and, eventually, succeed him as captain. Wainwright looked is over, and signed it. For the next three years, he shadowed the captain, learning everything he'd need to know. He also forged relationships with the crew, who seemed to be excited for the coming times of new leadership. They didn't seem jealous or upset at all. Then came for the test. Wainwright had to plan a score, a ship or small village to pillage, and when to do it. If successful, he was ready to be captain. If not...Wainwright preferred to not think about the "What if" scenarios. For three days he planned, in his private chamber next to the captain's, before stepping out, confident and ready. He presented a plan some might call crazy. In two days, the largest ship in the Royal Fleet of a nearby kingdom was due to pass by on its way to deliver supplies to their soldiers overseas. Supplies this crew could use. Wainwright figured if he was going to prove himself, he needed to go big or go home. And his men trusted him. In the end, they succeeded with no casualties, and had all the ship's crew lined up on the deck. Wainwright's crew was waiting for the command to kill them. But he didn't give it. Killing them would only ensure someone would try to get revenge, whether a survivor who managed to hide or families of the victims. So he returned to the ship, his crew following behind, and a party was held. He was made captain and for four more years, he led by that rule. He never killed those that didn't try to kill him when robbing a ship. His crew was apprehensive at first, but they came to accept it. Then, on September 19th of an unknown year, tragedy struck. Wainwright and his crew were partying, as it was his birthday, when a sea serpent rose out of the water and attacked the ship. They fought hard, but in the end only Wainwright was left standing. He vowed for as long as he lived, he would hunt the serpent that killed his men. But then the ship sank, and so did Wainwright. As he sank, watching the serpent disappear, a figure appeared before him. A figure made of water, in the shape of a human. They offered him redemption, and the chance to get revenge. But at a cost. Wainwright didn't even wait for the figure to finish their warning before he accepted. The figure waved their hand, and there was a burning pain in his forehead. He blacked out and woke up on the shore of an island. He looked around and noticed his forehead was glowing, and looking in the water his forehead had a glowing symbol burned into it. He immediately knew what it was. He had been afflicted by the Curse of the Seeker. When Wainwright turned to his side, he found an ornate cutlass, glowing with unknown magic power. He was cursed with immortality, to forever seek the creature that wronged him, but slowly become that creature. For 200 years he's been searching. For 200 years he's found nothing. Luckily, a Sea Witch gave him potions to lessen and slow the effects of the Curse. He searches on his own, not wanting to let down anyone ever again.

Description:
●Physical - Wainwright has dark blue-scaled skin, dark blue hair tied back in a ponytail, and the tail of a sea serpent (his legs are intact, though). He has a glowing golden mark on his forehead, the Mark of the Seeker, and light blue eyes with slits for pupils. Wainwright wears an old captain's uniform, a red coat over a dress shirt and pants with buckled up boots. His teeth can be sharp or normal, depending on his mood.
●Personality - Wainright is normally pretty serious, but enjoys a good scare. He cares for those close to him but has very few people he'd consider "Close". He has a crippling fear of letting others down, hence why he doesn't have anyone else on his massive ship. He uses magic to control the various tasks. He is obsessed with the sea serpent that killed his original crew all those years ago, as is the nature of the Cursed.

Weapons:
●Cutlass of the Damned - An ornate Sabre, bestowed upon those afflicted with the Curse of the Seeker. The cutlass is imbued with a magic power, and is the only weapon capable of killing the very creature the Seeker is cursed to find.
●Flintlock Pistol - Wainwright's faithful flintlock, the very same he used to kill the merchant all those years ago. The pistol has been modified to hold multiple bullets and reloads through magic.

Abilities: Wainwright's Curse has progressed to the point where he can channel the abilities of the creature he is becoming.
●Serpentine Strength - As a great serpent of the sea can crush their prey with little effort, so too can Wainwright. Wainwright can focus his energy and increase his strength greatly.
●Blue Fire - The Sea Serpent that attacked Wainwright's crew ravaged the ship with a magic blue flame. Wainwright now also possesses this ability. Wainwright takes a deep breath and exhales a powerful blue flame, burning those that are touched by it.
●Gills - Wainwright's transformation gave him gills, allowing him to breath underwater.
●Cursed Slash - Wainwright's Cutlass can poison a human if it penetrates the skin, and the only cure is Wainwright's cursed blood.
●Immortality - Until he finds the Serpent that killed his crew or is killed by another Cursed, Wainwright will be unable to die. He can be heavily damages, but will eventually regenerate.

The Curse of the Seeker: A curse inflicted unto those who have lost everything at the hands of a legendary Beast, granting its victims immortality at a price. Those afflicted are marked by a glowing yellow symbol on their forehead, and forced to seek out the very creature responsible for their loss, while slowly becoming that creature. They gain a magic weapon relating to their past that can kill the creature, as well as other Cursed. The curse is inflicted by spirits of Nature, often when the victim is close to death. The Curse can be lifted, but not reversed. Any transformations obtained because of the Curse are permanent. Once the Curse is lifted, the Mark also dissappears.

Relationships:
●Wanda - His best friend. Used to be a Cursed, but Wainwright helped her kill her Beast and she's determined to return the favor, no matter how many times he declines.
●Jasmine - A Sea Witch, and one of his closest allies. A descendant of the original Sea Witch who helped him centuries ago.
●Marco - Wainwright's nemesis. Purposefully inflicted himself with the Curse to hunt down Wainwright, blaming him for the death of his brother who was part of Wainwright's original crew.
●Serpens Venator - Wainwright's beloved ship. Was enchanted by one of Jasmine's ancestors to perform every task by itself, so Wainwright wouldn't have a crew to let down.