Lilams (Species)

Description: Lilams are half-human, half-demon creatures from another world. There are two types of Lilams - The ones that are more human, and the ones that are more demon.

Human Lilams typically look like a normal human for the most part, with smaller more demonic features elsewhere on the body (horns, wings, tails, etc). They can channel demonic energy within their bodies to do small things like light fires, water their plants, etc. Some can even cause plant growth. They are born with some kind of gem embedded within their more demonic parts that allows them to channel their energies easier. They normally only use their abilities more to assist with close quarters combat rather than full on magic, as it's tiring for them to use large amounts of energy in a short amount of time. Human Lilams mainly use guns or the occasional swordfighter when fighting.

Demon Lilams look more demonic in nature. They're more rare than Human Lilams, and as such tend to fill in more powerful roles in society. They also channel their natural demonic energy within their bodies, but don't require as much energy or gems to use them. They use their energies more as magic than combat assistants, unlike their more human counterparts. Demon Lilams don't really use weapons like Human Lilams do.

Both versions of Lilams enjoy the thrill of combat, and their sports are just sparring matches between Lilams. Most of their sports are tournament-based, with a Demon Lilam being the ultimate challenge of whoever wins the finals. These competitors are a spectacle to watch.

Lilams can reproduce Asexually, which somehow doesn't lead to a direct copy of the Lilam due to some unknown genetic trait. However, if they so choose, they can reproduce with a partner. Most Lilams find that a hassle though, and mostly just choose to reproduce Asexually.

------------

History: Lilams originate from a Dimension that was once conquered by the Models during their more Imperialistic days. The original inhabitants were experimented upon to create the Lilams, as the Model's Scientists were attempting to make soldiers for their army. But before they could put this into action, their corrupt leader was assassinated.

The Model Scientists were ordered to return home, leaving the Lilams to their own devices. They eventually built their own civilization, coming to resemble something like we humans have today. They still haven't discovered Dimensional Travel yet, but they are aware of other Dimensions based on the ruins of the former inhabitants of their Dimension. The technology of these ruins, however, was too broken or worn out from years of disuse. Besides, not like they would know how to use them anyways.

The Lilams are still discovering old ruins of who they call "The Ancestors", and even the occasional old abandoned Model settlement/laboratory. These discoveries have led to them beginning the research of Dimensional Travel. This is just a recent discovery, however, so they're not that far along.

------------

Common Abilities:
   ●Minor Energy-Related Abilities - All Lilams (especially the more Human ones) have the ability to use Minor Abilities related to their Energy Type. Some common examples are Small Fire Starting, Electricity Infusing, Minor Plant Growth, Cool Breeze, etc. Minor Abilities differ from Lilam to Lilam, so this isn't a complete list. The only real indicator of what power a Lilam may have is their hair/skin/eye color (Human Lilam hair and eye color match their Energies, Demon Lilams skin and eye color match their Energies).
   ●Gem Focused Abilities - Human Lilams have gems embedded in their more demon-like parts (again, stuff like horns, tails, wings, etc) that allow them to channel their Energies into more powerful attacks. Most of the time you'll see the attacks originate from the crystal, but sometimes it'll explode outwards from the body instead. Some examples of Gem Focused Abilities are Firebomb, Lightning Shot, Accelerated Plant Growth Spores, Wind Blast, etc. This is more up to the user's imagination of how they can use their Energies.
   ●True Abilities - True Abilities are less commonly used by Human Lilams and more often seen being used by Demon Lilams. True Abilities are Abilities that are used without the aid of Focusing Gems, but is far greater than a Minor Ability. True Abilities, depending on the user, can be a spectacle to watch. They can range from large Firestorms, to small little precise cuts with High-powered Winds. There's not many specific True Abilities, as they are specific to how the Lilam chooses to wield them.

------------

Relationships:
   ●Models - They both know the other exists, they've just never directly interacted.
   ●Cryptals - Lilams and Cryptals have worked together in the past, but the Lilams are frustrated that the Cryptals refuse to share their Portal Technology.
   ●Saptems - Same deal as the Cryptals.