Notes From The Underground part 1

I was asleep until I heard a noise.

A weird but familiar sound. I stay in their lair yesterday to practice with Master Splinter and we got lost track of time. At this rate, I might move in with them. I chuckle at that idea. I got up and grab the blanket. I pull it over me and put on my slipper. 

"Huh? Donatello, what is it?"I said. I jump down, making sure I land gently. "What is happening?"Splinter said as he jumps down from above. "What's with the noise?"I said. "I'm not quite sure," Donnie said. We went to his workspace. Donnie separates the crystals. 

"Are we in any danger, Donatello?"Splinter said. "Maybe the harmonics of the energy signature of the crystalline structure..." Donnie said. "You don't know, do you?"Raph said then he look at me. "Not a clue," Donnie said. I yawn as I hug the blanket close. 

"I started the whole thing," Mikey said. The alarms begin blaring. "Now, what is it?"Leo said. He look at me and took my blanket. "What? I was cozy" I said. "Something tripped a perimeter alarm in one of the old subway tunnels," Donnie said and we check the camera. 

Something ran past it. "Whoa!"Raph said. "What in the..."Leo said. "Sewer rats are getting bigger," Raph said. "Yeah, time to cut the cheese," Mikey said. Leo gives him a look and shakes his head. "That's not what I meant, "Mikey said. "Let's roll, "Leo said. 

"First, let me change, "I said. "Whatever you are wearing is fine," Leo said. "Um, you want me to g investigate in a tank top, slippers that could get wet, and light PJ pants?"I said, glaring at Leo. He looks then bush. "Um..." he said as he blush. "I thought so, "I said then went to my room.
🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢
We look around in the sewer tunnel.

"Let's not announce ourselves. Switch to stealth mode" Leo said. Donnie switches gears and the car becomes nearly silent. We stop and hop out. Well, I have to wait until Leo helps me down. We look around. "Nothing," Raph said. "Don't be too sure" Donnie said then we look up. 

Marks. "This is odd," I said. "What have you got?"Leo said as we follow it. "Some kind of weird tracks melted right into the stone"Donnie said as we found a dug-up tunnel. "Whatever it was, it tunneled right through the cement," Raph said. 

Donnie hands the flashlight to Raph and removes his duffel bag. He took out a rock pick and baggie. He hammers off a chunk of cement. "Looks like the molecules have become unbonded. Maybe some kind of catalyst or an acid?"Donnie said. 

"Okay, this is the part in the monster movie where the first attack happens. The first guy never makes it, need I say more?"Mikey said. "LeonardoJust calm down Mikey till we find out what this is...What is this?"Leo said. "Another mystery. One thing's for sure though, ..." Donnie said. 

"I've never seen anything like it, "Donnie and Mikey said. "That's it, I'm out of here," Mikey said as he ran back to the car. He took out his nunchuck and spin them around. "Hey, what do you get when you cross a turtle and a chicken? Mikey"Raph said. 

I nudge him softly whit a soft smile. "I need to get back anyway, to analyze this and find out just what we're dealing with here," Donnie said. We walk back and this time, it was Raph who help me up. We went back to the lair.
🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢
I lay on Leo's lap as I read a book.

"Hmm," Donnie said. "Was that a good 'hmm' or a bad 'hmm'? 'Cause, this is the part in the movie where we should be looking for the monsters one weakness or we can kiss our shells good-bye. Trust me, you don't want to underestimate a monster!"Mikey said. 

I close my book and place it on my chest. I look at Leo. He shrugs. Raph throws a glass full of water in Mikey's face. Mikey shakes his head. "Thanks," he said. "What can you tell us, Donatello?"Splinter said.