H.A.T.E.D

I smile as I hug the tree.

I love apple picking! I always remember how Casey's mom would take us to the farmhouse and we would pick apples from the apple tree. She would make her apple pie and cider. I climb up and grab one. "Whoo-hoo! Bullseye!"I heard one of the turtles say. Time to check on those troublemakers.

Donnie looks at the stack of split apples at his feet and sighs. His two brothers, Mikey and Raph stand in front of him, both carrying bows and arrows. Aw poor apples. "That's it. After twenty consecutive double-bullseyes, I'm officially declaring this contest a tie" Donnie said.

"Aw--! But we haven't even gotten to the blindfold round yet" Mikey said. "Which is dangerous," I said. "Forget it, William Tell" Donnie said. He picks a whole apple off the ground and holds it up. "We came here to pick apples. We have to bring back at least one still..." he said. 

An arrow hits the apple, takes it out of his hand, and pins it to the tree. A second arrow shatters the apple. "...intact," Donnie said. There was gunfire. I yelp and held his arm. More gunfire was heard and nearby birds are startled into flight. "Come on," Mikey said. 

"Quiet you guys...Raph, take your girl" Donnie said. "Hide... Hey!" Raph said and grab me. We hide. A man runs through the orchard, panting for breath and grunting in pain. He drops to his knees and then falls down. "Someone! Someone, help!" he yells. 

We approach him. Donnie kneels next to him and turns him over." Help me, please. They've-- they've got a bomb. The city-- aliens. I didn't want-- not right. Gone too far"The man said. He groans and passes out. Donnie checks under his coat. 

"This man's been shot in the shoulder," He said. "What was he talking about, a bomb or something?"Raph said. "He went over this way!"A voice said. "I see his tracks. Let's finish this" The second voice said. "Come on!"The third voice said. 

"I'll stay and do what I can for him. You guys need to lead the others away from here" Donnie said. "You will stay here and help, "Raph said and I nod. "Come on, after him! Move it!"The second voice said. Mikey drops his bow and quiver of arrows and then follows Raph into the tree line.

"Shake your tail, boys!"The third voice said. "Go, go!"The first voice said. We'll get that traitor yet!"The second voice said. "Yeah, we sure will. Come on! Let's go!"The third voice said. We drag the injured man into the bushes. I noticed three armed men appear. 

"I don't know, Skonk. Hunting down one of our own-- isn't this a little extreme?"A guy said. "Nothing is too extreme in the fight against the alien menace, Pewk. Remember who we are. We're "Humans Against The Extraterrestrials". And as a member of "H.A.T.E.", Michael knew the rules, "This Skonk guy said. So that is this injured man's name.

"Our cause is a lifelong commitment. No one leaves. Find him. He's wounded. He won't get far" he said. The two men take off. "I need to make some last-minute preparations at the base. We've come too far to let one traitor force us to scrub the entire mission" he said.
🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢
I sigh as Mikey hops down near Donnie. 

I managed to heal a little bit but it took a lot of energy out of me. "Donnie, how's the patient?"Mikey said. "We've done all we can do for him here," Donnie said. "We need to get him to a hospital fast, "I said. "I can take him in the sidecar," Mikey said. 

"Come on, I'll give you a hand with him, "Raph said. He and Donnie carry Michael to the sidecar on Mikey's motorcycle. "What about that bomb he was babbling about? I thought I heard the leader guy say something about a base" he said. Mikey starts his motorcycle and drives off. 

"Let's find it," Donnie said. I made my staff appear. "Think we can hitch a ride with you?"Raph said. "Yep! But you got to hold tight once we take off" I said, sitting on my staff. They nod and went on it. "Ready?"I said. They nod. We flew off.
🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢💙🐢
"Alison, stop here," Donnie said.