17. Just Us

Shaylin's pov:

We submitted some our works ahead, gives us roughly two free days so we're soaking up every second with each other.

"You know... I'm loving how our days are going now." I said blushing, had breakfast a while ago. Same old shenanigans, Jen hugs me from behind just to annoy me, I retaliate with tickles and we make a mess in the kitchen, but it's a lot of fun. 

She raised her eyebrows and said "You mean how it used to go?" Now that Jen mentions it, this is how pretty much our everyday was when we moved in here for first few months. 

She looks at me and adds "I remember you saying before the day we moved in here 'its gonna be so much fun, just us' ... you were right, it's just us."

I nodded, "Yeah, I remember saying that". She looks down and says "But there was, well, a limit... not anymore. The same fun, the same happiness, but much much more..." then blushed. 

"God you're so cute" I said grabbing her face, looked her in the eye and said "and I'm happy the way things turned out." Then kissed her! 

Jenny's pov:

*Lunch at Finny's*

Shaylin: "Do you know about this cake shop in the west street? Heard their pastries are really good, wanna try there sometimes?" I asked as eating.

"Which one...?" I'm mumbling with a mouthful of bite. 

"Don't talk with your mouthful you goofball" she scolded, Shay's disciplining voice is just pure warmth. 

"Mmhgh..." Still mumbling, trying to swallow, it probably looks funny as hell cause she started to laugh out loud. At least I made her laugh, I could watch her laughing like this forever, feels like her smile just made the day even brighter!

Me: "Sure but not today, I just wanna chill at home with you"

Shaylin: "Knew you would say that..." (blush)

I pouted at her. She rolls her eyes and says "Fiiine, we'll chill at home" pretending to be disappointed,  but can't stop smiling. I know we love the food here, but I don't why everything is tasting more delicious today! Probably because I feel happy... happy with her.

*At home*

We're chilling on the couch, I made some hot cocoa for both of us, only thing I'm good at making. Shay takes one sip and moans "mm.. yum, it's so good".  

"Right? Ordered the powder from this website, let me show you..." I started to browse on my phone to find it. Then I remember something, "Hey, what's the name of that cake shop you mentioned earlier?" I asked.

"What?... Oh yeah" She is trying to remember "um..I think it's Bake-fit or something?"  

"B-a-k-e...." I am uttering the letter while spelling it out on the search bar, "Is this one? BakeFit Cakes & Cookies, its in West Street" I showed it to her. "Yep that's the one" She confirmed it. "Hm, looks cool, we'll order something later" I said, then I put down the phone and started to talk to her, enjoying our cocoa. 

Shaylin's pov:

Jen went to wash the cups. I look up and see her walking back at me, yawning. I laughed and asked "Sleepy?"

"Mmmh" That's all she answers. She looks so adorable in this flannel. I couldn't resist the cutesy voice "aww baby come here", I put my hands forward, she straight dove into my chest, then suddenly pressed a kiss in the middle of my chest and put her head back.

She used to do it sometimes, but this time, then moment she kissed, something happened. It felt a bit.. sensual! I'm even wearing the sweatshirt I wore at lunch, had it been something thin like a tee or a tank-top, that kiss would have... turned me on! I sneakily exhaled a sigh, firmly holding her head in my chest, blushing.

Jenny's pov:

We sat there like that for a few moment, then I said "I wanna nap." 

She looked at me, caressed my cheek, jiggled my nose with hers and said "Fine, let me change then we'll nap together". 

"Hell yeah" I said mischievously "I need that heartbeat sound", made her chuckle. Then she kissed my forehead and went to her room. In couple of minutes she called me "Jen.. come.." 

I took the phone back from the couch, before leaving I looked at the screen again, that bakery's site is still open there, I glanced at it, uttered "hmm.." then smiled. I got an idea!