29. City View, With You

Jenny's pov:

(Few Days Later)

"Did you take all the notes?" Shay asks, we just had lunch a while ago at Finny's, went to the office today to attend another meeting. 

"Yep, got both of ours" I replied, we're sitting on the rocks at the pier, enjoying the air. It's been a few days since we told everyone about us, enjoying my every second with Shaylin. 

Me: "I gotta take you to the Highpoint Woods sometimes."

Shaylin: "Where is that?"

I pointed upper south and said "I used to go there alone, the city view is a killer one from there."

She gaped in shock, "Wait, I've read about that place, why did you never take me?" she sounds genuinely sad. "Sorry I just..." I'm trying to explain, "it was back then, you know... when you had no idea that I was crushing on you..." Shay smiled at me affectionately, "yeah.." I continued "I used to go there to like, just sit alone and had wished to be together with you like this..." 

"Aw babe" She wraps her hand around my shoulders and kissed my cheek. "Well you got me now" her voices lightened up the mood again, then she mischievously said "and also.. now we can have mornings like today whenever we want." She made both of us blush.

After waking up we were lazily cuddling so much that we ended up having sex! I even sneaked in the shower with her after and we made that steamy as fuck too, so twice already! 

We were reminiscing bits from those sessions, laughing while poking/pushing each other for a while. Now just sitting here, with our faces smooshed together and our hands knotted, enjoying the bay view. I wish time stopped here!

*Bzzz* It's my phone, mom calling! 

Me: "Hey mom"

Mom: "Hey kiddo, you busy?"

Me: "No no, me and Shay are just hanging out at the pier, why?"

Mom: "Oh ok... called to tell you that I'm going to the town."

Me: "Yenville? That's sudden."

Mom: "Yeah, Jerry got sick, his wife called, thought I should visit."

Me: "Oh, okay mom, thanks for calling, have a safe trip."

I ended the call. Shay is looking at me worried, my expression probably gave it away. "What happened, is she okay?" Shay asked. "Yeah" I replied "apparently Uncle Jerry got sick, so she's visiting." 

Shaylin: "Oh... I hope he's okay"

Me: "Yeah, me too"

Shaylin: " You know, it's kinda cool that your mom keeps touch with them, they're family after all."

She is right, Uncle Jerry is mom's cousin, the only 'family' other than mom I've ever met face to face. He visits once a year to keep in touch with us. Mom treats him like her own little brother. 

Shaylin's pov:

I've met this uncle when Jen used to live with her mom. Very much of a country guy but got a warm personality. The only person she speaks positively of.

Me: "Don't you ever wanna visit there?"

Jenny: "Yenville? Nope.. I'm happy here."

I've heard from Agnes that it's a beautiful place but I understand why she doesn't wanna go there. As far as I know, last time they visited there to attend her dad's funeral. 

Me: "Jen?"

Jenny: "Hm?"

Me: "You said you were ten when you guys had visited there last time right?"

Jenny: "Yeah?"

Me: "Do you remember anything about that place?"

She thought for a seconds then said "Meh, didn't really get to sightsee, Uncle Jerry took me for a stroll across the river bank... it was really scenic that much I remember."

Doesn't look like she has much interest in this topic. I suddenly have an idea, "Hey" I said, she looked at me, "Let's go to Highpoint Woods!" I suggested excitedly. 

"Now??" She got surprised by that, which makes me even more excited, "Yeah why not? No fair that you know a beautiful place and I don't" I shrugged joking.

"Someone's jealous" Jen remarked smugly, I playfully punched her arm and said laughing "Shut up! Lets gooo..." I almost dragged her up and started walking together, there's no way I'll let her be in an off mood. 
.
.
"HOLY..!" I exclaimed in a muffled tone. Jen was right, the view IS breathtaking! I let out a loud whine "How could you come here WITHOUT me?" 

Jen pursed her lips in a guilty smile saying "Yeah.. sorryy..."

I laughed and pulled her close to me, yelled "I'm just kiddiiing..." then squeezed a kiss on her cheek, smooshing it, "Thanks for bringing me here, it's beautiful!" I whispered.

We sat there silently for a while, then I looked behind and asked, "Aren't the southern ranches straight from here?"

Jenny: "Yeah, they're gonna construct a country style road from here to the ranches."

Me: "That's gonna be cool! ... (scoffs) Lucky no dangerous wild animals here."

Jenny: "Yeah, just birds and squirrels as far as I know, kinda chill to come during morning, their chirping is quite a vibe."

Wow, she really knows this place! I asked in a soft voice "Back then when you used to come here, couldn't tell me how you felt about me, You must've been lonely here without me huh..."

She looked at me, her beautiful eyes are sparkling from the city lights and couple of tears! I guess the sympathy in my voice made her finally letting go of the sadness she felt alone all those times, poor girl! 

I wiped her tears and leaned our foreheads against each other. She reluctantly put her face in my hands as I'm gently brushing my thumb on her cheek.

"You never have to hide anything from me anymore" I whispered, "I know" she whispered back with a grateful smile.

I don't know if it's the city lights, starry sky or a romantic combination of both, we instantly locked our lips, losing ourselves into the gentle kiss in this beautiful evening!