74. Heart Shaped Sparkle

Jenny's pov (The next day):

"So this is it huh?" I asked nervously. "Yep.. excited?" Annie asked back. 

Hell yeah I'm excited, standing right outside of the diamond store Shaylin's aunt recommended! It's in the west street so Annie took some time off from the cake shop to accompany me. I took a second to get it together, then we went in.

I had been eyeing a heart shaped diamond ring online for quite a few months before all the bad things happened. Sadly that was sold out. But then Aunt Greta told me about this shop when I called her asking for help. I had to because I really have no idea about these stuff. The excitement in her voice was heartwarming when I had told her what am I about to do!

"It's so pretty!" Annie exclaimed. "I know right?" I responded in an absent mind, imagining this piece of beauty on Shaylin's finger!!
.
.
We were passing Bakefit, so we quickly got in to get a red velvet cake with chocolate frosting, Shay's favorite. But Annie won't take any payment, "It's from me" she said "a good luck gift for the evening" then winked. I gratefully accepted it. It's really sweet of her and I thanked her a lot.

We're walking towards the main road, Annie wanted to see me off to the taxi. I feel pretty satisfied with the purchase, but also a crazy storm in my guts! 

Annie: "Won't Shaylin suspect anything?"

Me: "Nope, she knows I had to attend the office today, she got some work to do as well, so I took this chance.."

I noticed Annie is looking at me with an impressed smile.

Me: "What?"

Annie: "I'm just glad that you've recovered."

I smiled back. Yeah, I'm glad too. Although I walk carefully because I still can feel wobbly steps sometimes but no crutches needed anymore.

"So.. when're you doing it?" Annie asked excitedly.

Me: "Evening, Shay also has to go to the office today but she's again late with submission so she'll return late, I'll figure something out by then."

Annie: "(pause) This ring just cost you a fortune didn't it?"

Me: "Yep, I never told anyone the real reason I enlisted into the one year diploma and not a full program.."

Her eyes got bigger in aniticipation! "Yeah" I said smugly "I kept that money for this moment, Shaylin doesn't know."

Annie shook her head in disbelief. I chuckled and said "Annie, thanks a lot of coming with me today."

She held my hands and said "Jenny c'mon, you're like a big sister to me, just like how Aunt Agnes was to my mom." That's one way to see it, she's right though. I requested "By the way, only Shaylin's aunt and you know about this, so until it's over, please don't tell anyone." She promised not to, then hugged me saying "I'm just SO happy for you." She let go of the hug in a moment and giddily wished "Good luck Jenny." I tearfully replied "Thanks!" 

The taxi has arrived, she stood there until it took off with me, making sure that I got in okay, such a caring person!

Shaylin's pov (few hours later):

Almost home, I had no idea that Jen's meeting would take this long. And I was fashionably late with work too, so I had hurried to office, expecting to return home with her. But when I had called she said she was already in the taxi to home so probably won't see each other in the way. 

Weird turn of events, oh well. At least my meeting went well, now in the taxi, close to home.

*bzz* It's Jen calling -

Me: "Hey babe."

Jenny: "Heyy, where're you?"

Me: "Close, do you need anything?"

Jenny: "No.. um, can you come straight to the roof? I wanna hang out there for a while."

Me: "Uh, sure.. everything okay?"

Jenny: "Yeah yeah, just loving the breeze up here."

Me: "(chuckle) Alright, see you soon."

Jen cut the call. She sounded a little dreamy! I mean, the rooftop view can do that. We hang out there time to time since we had moved in here. Well, the way she talked about the breeze, can't wait to chill with her!
.
.
Uh, why is this elevator taking to long? Also, why am I being so impatient? I quietly chuckled to myself, I guess being away from Jen the whole day making me wanna see her as soon as possible!
.
.
The roof's door is open! Good, where is she? ... There she is! I'm feeling mischievous, so I silently sneaked up behind her, and suddenly grabbed her from behind yelling "I'M HEREE!!"

Jenny's pov (few minutes earlier):

Is that Shaylin's taxi? Yep, she got out of the car and entered the building. "O..kaayy.." I whispered nervously, took out the ring's box to look at the ring again. Gosh it's really pretty! Giving a graceful sparkle in this beautiful evening! 

Still can't believe that I managed to get my hand on it! I used to fantasize to propose to her way before our relationship. And I imagined a heart shaped ring because how she always spoiled me by letting me listen to her heartbeat. Well, she does that even to this day!

Shay is probably in the elevator, I looked at the ring one more time before putting it back in the pocket. As I'm enjoying the view, then - "I'M HEREE" she yelled, suddenly grabbing me from behind!

"Ahk.." I gasped, that startled me good! "I even SAW you entering the building.." I yelped and we both laughed. We kissed as if we haven't seen each other forever, then she snuggled our cheeks and impatietly said "Aah, I missed yoouu.." I nuzzled her face for a while then replied whispering "missed you too."
.
.
We've been enjoying hanging out here, the rooftop view from here is breathtaking! The southern breeze with the sprawling city scape from high up is a view to cherish! It's now even more romantic now that we're together after staying apart most of the day.

But I can't focus on our conversation out of nervousness! She finally caught it, asking "Babe you okay?" I asked back in a shaky voice "Yeah.. why?" She gave me suspicious look smilingly then claimed "I don't know, you look nervous.. what's up?"

I let out a jittery laughter, it's hard to contain the pent up excitement. I got myself together and asked "Hey um, do you remember your outfit on our first date?" She blushed momentarily then replied "Oh hell yeah! Why?" I took a second and requested "Can you wear it now?" 

She is a bit surprise by that specific request, then giddily answered "Yeah, of course.. you really want to see me in that right now aren't you?" her tone is slightly naughty, made me giggle. I quickly said "Yeah, I do.. but for a surprise.."

This time I can see curiosity in her eyes, probably because of my tone. "Well I do love a good surprise, especially from you.." She said giddily. I teared up from the excitement, then whispered "It will be a good one."

Now she's even more curious, "Oh god babe what IS it?" she asked nervously. I held her hands and said "Let's head inside, you'll see." She stared at me for a while, smiled and responded "Alright.. let's head back home." 

From here on out, I have no idea how it'll turn out... We exited the roof. Oh boy, here we go...