69. Good Timing

Jenny's pov (A month later):

"Babe" Shay asked "Did it hurt when my hand reached your scar?" I immediately dismissed it "What? No? I can only feel bumps, not pain, don't worry.." but I think it hurt a little bit. 

She was talking about our shower earlier. No classes today, less workload so we took it slow after waking up in the morning and ended up with a steamy sex in the shower! While I had her against the wall, her one hand very lightly brushed across the scar in my back but none of us gave a damn because of the intense passion! 

Shaylin: "Are you sure? It's only a little over a week since they cut your stitches..."

Me: "Babe relax, it's healed, was just a flesh wound okay?"

I know she always worries about me but I don't wanna make her feel bad about a mild mistouch. "Besides.." I snarkily said "I'm VERY grateful for that shower" then winked. "Yeah?" She blushed, then said "Me too.." making us both giggle.

Had a hefty breakfast a while ago, now we're chilling in her bed as she holds my head in her chest, pampering me as usual. I rubbed my face sideways between her boobs then looked at them in a comically observing expression. "What?" She asked with a suspicious smile, realizing that I'm just being mischievous. "Did they get bigger?" I asked prending to be curious. "Shut the FUCK UP" she scolded me then burst out laughing, I laughed too, then went back to hearing her heartbeat. She's still laughing while holding my head affectionately. 

Me: "Oh right, when are we going to the shelter?"

Shaylin: "After lunch I guess." 

We're supposed to visit Sunway Paws today. Shaylin has a good news for them!

Shaylin's pov:

Flint, the manager of Sunway Paws, is standing in front of me, tearfully holding my hands. "Shaylin" His voice is choking up "You're a life saver, quite literally!"

"Oh c'mon Flint" I said, also tearing up. Couple days ago I got the first check of selling my mansion! The filmmaker guy bought it. We officially had a contract of him paying me the first half now, the rest will be paid in installments over 3months. I have no problem with it as long as I could help the shelters as I promised myself.

Flint: "The timing couldn't be any better, the other two shelters in Strawport are supposed to turn kill shelters within days!"

Me: "Well, tell them not to, because we have the funding now!"

Flint wiped his tears, he still seems a bit sad. Jenny also told me that the air is a bit different in Sunway Paws after we entered. She's off to spend some time in the yard with the dogs. 

Me and Flint are walking to the yard, in the way I saw Trish, the young head volunteer here, tending to the shelter's senior dog, Deedee. "Oh hey Trish" I greeted her, She greeted me back "Hi Miss Sunway! Good to see you again.." but she kind of looks sad too.

Me: "Oh please Trish, call me Shaylin"

Trish: "(smiling gratefully) Of course, thanks"

I noticed Deedee is laying there looking tired. I kneeled in front of her, petting her body "Hey big girl" I spoke in softly high note, that sweet fluffball barely managed to looked at me but gave me an adorable smile.

"Is she sick?" I asked. Trish and Flint shared a look, she sighed a long breath then said "She's um.. old enough, it's maybe time." 

"Oh.." I mumbled, that caught me off guard. "Um.. when?" I asked, looking at Deedee. Flint answered "Not sure yet, but very soon."

No wonder the air is a bit gloomy here today. Everyone's bummed out about it. Awh.. sweet Deedee, why do dogs live such short lives? Sigh, it made me sad, I was hoping to cheer up everyone today but I guess no amount of money can counter this sadness. I petted her for a while then walked out into the yard with Flint. Jenny is still playing with the other dogs, she's gonna be heartbroken, Deedee was the first ever dog she interacted with when we had visited here the first time.
.
.
"Your donation will be a HUGE help to turn the other shelters back to no kill!" Flint said, he accompanied us to the shelter's gate. "I'll make sure of it.." He confidently assured!

Me: "I'm sure you will, and we'll help however we can."

Flint: "Oh Shaylin, please, you're already helping beyond our imaginations! I just... I just wish Callum and Madelyne (my parents) were here, they would've been extremely proud of you... they've given the animals of this city a sanctuary, and you're saving them, you honored their legacy the best way possible.."

I smiled in appreciation, such sweet things to say! We stood there for a few more minutes then said goodbye.
.
.
We're sitting at the table in the living room, enjoying some afternoon coffee. Jen looks a bit absent minded. "Honey, what is it?" I asked. She shrugged replying "Just thinking about Deedee.." I lightly massaged her hand. Earlier today when we had told her about the dog, she instantly went back inside and spent almost 20mintues with her.

Me: "At some point they have to do it babe, she's quite old."

Jenny: "(facing down) Yeah.. I know..."

While sipping some coffee, I suddenly noticed Jen's watching me in a thinking stance. "What?" I smiled asking, caressed her cheek. "You're freaking amazing that's what" She answered with complimenting eyes.

I smiled pressing my lips, understanding what she meant. "It's as Flint mentioned" I said "Mom and Dad gave Strawport's animals a sanctuary, I'm honoring their legacy by trying to save them."  

She nodded smiling, then came up to me and wrapped her hands around my neck in an adorable hug.