1

"Come on." Gina barged in my room. She was holding a ton of hangers, on those hangers were very elegant dresses.

I turned in my seat, "Where are we going?" I put my pencil down.

"Out. Now get up, we have to get ready."

I shook my head, "I can't. We have a final on Tuesday and I really need to study." I started to turn back around but something caught my chair.

"You haven't been out of this room once in the last 4 days." She leaned down to whisper.

"That's not true. I got up to get a bag of pretzels earlier. And to pee." I glared at her.

She scoffed. "That doesn't count. Now let's go. I already got us tickets to this club opening." She whined.

I tried to focus on my paper. The temptation of getting dressed up and going out was pulling my train of thought.

I could feel her eyes burning into the back of my head.

I groaned, "Fine." I said throwing the pencil and turning around. "What about Ethan? Can he come?" I asked about my boyfriend.

She shook her head, "Nope, strictly me and you. I don't like him anyways." She shrugged and turned to the dresses now on my bed.

"So you've said." Rolled my eyes.

"Here. I like this one for you." She turned with a short body con.

It was navy blue with ruffles dragging over the bodice.

I grinned at her and snatched it from her hands.

~

It was definitely a good day to shave.

Me and Gina stepped out of the taxi, the crowd around the building was bustling. The line to get in protested as more and more people walked in before them.

"How did you even get these tickets?" I yell for her to hear me.

She shrugged, "Fraud." She joked. Although I don't really think she was joking.

We walked up to the bouncer and handed him our passes. "IDs?" He didn't even look at us. I pulled out my id from my silver clutch. Handing it to him.

He looked at the cards then our faces. "You're good to go." He opened the curtain for us to enter.

"They don't even look important." A girl yelled from behind.

I turned for a split second and threw up my middle finger. She gasped and tried to get the attention of the bouncer, pointing at me.

When we walked in, the music was blaring. The lights were neon and dragged along the walls.

Gina looked at me and then at the bar. "I'm going to get a drink. You want anything?" She asked. I shook my head. She nodded and went on her way.

I pushed past sweaty bodies and stepped in a few puddles of god knew what. I made my way to the couches that I saw in the far corner.

I plopped down on one, crossing my legs. I pulled my phone out as I got a text from Ethan.

'Where you at?'

'With Gina. She wanted to
Take me out for dinner.'

'When you gonna be back?'

'Late. Maybe the next morning.'

'K. Be safe.'

'We will! Love you!'

I waited for his last reply. It never came.