12

Me and Alia dropped Gina back home, Alia stepped out and asked for her number so we could make a group chat later.

We drove home in quiet. The music was low and the windows were up.

We walked into the house. Alia stormed up to the office.

"What the hell happened?" She asked as she opened the door. Her tone was annoyed yet worried.

She ran to Matteo at the sight of him bleeding on the chair. Alessio was next to him trying to keep the blood from leaving his body.

Matteo frowned and sat up.

"What happened amore?" Alia pushed Alessio out of the way.

I dropped my stuff and hurried to him. He had a black eye forming, his lip bleeding. I put my hand on his jaw, turning his head to review the damage.

He held my hips, "I'm fine, I'm fine Tesoro."

"What the fuck happened, and don't you dare sugar coat it because my boyfriend is sitting here bleeding and you have a black eye." Alia looked at Alessio.

He brought me closer to him, "We went to the gas station down the street. It was full so we waited in the car. They surrounded us and we couldn't back out. We stepped out and the started shooting at us. Obviously Matteo got hit." He looked at me and stroked my cheek.

"And what about your face?" I asked him.

"Well I got punched." He said.

"By who?" Alia said.

Alessio shrugged, "I didn't see. They punched me a few times and left." He said.

"Okay," Matteo groaned, "I'm still here guys." He put his hand in the air.

"We need to get him to a hospital." I said.

"Did you call Winter?" Alia asked.

Alessio nodded, "She should be here in a minute."

"Who's Winter?" I asked.

"Our personal doctor," Alessio said.

"And my ex," Alia said. I looked at her.

A second later there was a knock at the door. A woman with Snow White hair and lightly tanned skin walked in. Her makeup was extravagant, her lips a dark red.

She walked over to Matteo and Alia.

"What happened?" The soft voice spoke.

"He was shot." Alia said.

She assessed the damage and started to move him, "Ali grab his legs and help me move him to the floor." Alia nodded and grabbed his legs.

Matteo groaned as they moved him. His blood started to coat the wooden floor.

"You," she pointed to me, "I need you to come here and hold this." She held up the flash light.

I leaned over and held the light.

"Alright Matteo," Winter started taking out her supplies, "I'm going to take the bullet out, but it's going to hurt."

"Like shit?" He groaned.

"Yes, it'll hurt like shit." She assured him.

"Cool, Ale, hand me some whiskey." Matteo held out his hand.

Before he could grab the bottle, Matteo started screaming.

I saw Alia come next to him and hold his hand, letting him squeeze as hard as he wanted. Winter dug through the wound, looking for the bullet.