21

-Elana Aphelion-

"Where'd you guys go?" Ani asked as we stepped from the hallway. I made sure my hair wasn't sticking out one last time.

"Oh, um." Alessio looked to me finding an excuse for our absence. He held me up by my waist as my legs continued to shake slightly.

"Bathroom. My bra was slipping. It's like a maze in here." I lied. I took Alessio's hand in mine, gripping it tightly. He nodded along.

"Believe me neonato, I know!" She said. "Your speech is in 30 minutes." She said to Alessio.

She started walking away but turned back around, "Fix your collar. And I hope you two used a condom."

My eyes went wide. She walked away. I turned to Alessio his mouth was wide open. He looked at me. I started fixing his tie, it became clear how she knew.

"Baby," I looked at him. The smile crossing my lips, "My lipstick," I held in my laugh as I wiped the lipstick off his neck.

"It's not funny," he smiled at me.

I couldn't hold in my laugh anymore. People looked at us as we both laughed as low as possible.

Once we stopped he took my hand and spun me around, taking me to the dance floor once again. The song was slow and yet very intimate. He swayed me to the beat. I put my head on his chest as he did.

My hands were in his, playing with the rings he decided to wear today. I looked up at him, his eyes were closed. I put my arms around his neck, his eyes opening at the loss of my hands in his.

I smiled as he put his hands on my hips. "We'll find him." He said.

I nodded, "I know." I let my thoughts race around the topic. "It's just,"

"So much can happen in the time we're looking, I know. Anything can happen when anything is possible." He said.

I nodded and put my head on his shoulder.

"I need something to distract me," I said not looking up, "What's your speech about?"

He chuckled, "Today I will be honoring the American and Italian alliance. 3 years ago today we made this alliance and have been one of the strongest shared mafias since." He rubbed my back.

The music seemed to get drowned out as people started screaming across the room. A loud sound following after, echoing throughout the room.

Everyone stopped in their tracks, including me and Alessio. Everyone turned to the screaming. More of the loud sounds coming after.

Bang. Bang.

Bang bang bang.

"Ale, those are gunshots." I pointed out the obvious.

He nodded and moved me behind him, reaching for the gun behind his blazer, pulling it out and loading it.

I reached up my dress for my weapon, but it seemed to not be there. Remembering it was sitting on our nightstand at home.

I looked around frantically.

Ani came up to us, "Alia saw them coming in through the kitchen. She was trying to hold them off." She said in a hurry, pulling out her own gun.

"Is she okay?" Alessio asked. Ani nodded.

"I passed her a few minutes ago. She's over there." She pointed to Alia and Matteo running up to us.

"Do I get clearance?" Matteo asked with a bit of an attitude.

Alessio nodded and Matteo pulled out his gun.

The Mafia Don| Editingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें