13

*a week later*
-Alessio Romano-

"No Matteo, you're not going on mission. That's an order." I stared at him across the table.

He was still healing from his gun shot and I didn't want to risk losing him or poor performance.

"So who's going on mission? Matteo was the only close connect and I can't go in I have to go pick up Auntie Em from the airport that day." Alia said.

"And don't even say you'll do it, you have to manage the mission and your face is like a target to anyone who knows you." She interrupted me when I opened my mouth.

"I'll figure something out." I said. "Get some rest Matteo. And drive safe Ali." I say and leave the meeting room.

I walked back to my room. I splayed my body on the bed, letting myself drown in her scent. My phone got a text.

Principessa<3

'Just dropped Gina home,
Was gonna pick up dinner,
You want some?'

'What are you getting?'

'Feelin Chipotle or McDonalds 🤷🏽‍♀️'

'Whatever you choose amore,
Just drive safely! <3'

'Safest driver in the world! 😙'

I smiled at our conversation.

There was a knock at my door, "Hey, me and Matteo are going to leave now." Alia picked her head in the door. I saluted her as I laid down.

"Home?" I asked.

"No we're gonna spend a few days with Mama and Papa." She said.

"Okay. Drive safe. And make sure Matteo follows my no missions order." I looked at her sitting up on my elbows.

"Don't have to tell me twice. Tell Elana I said bye!" She walked out.

I shook my head and laid back down. The past couple of days we've been trying to find out who shot Matteo. We've been unsuccessful until we got a hit.

Some guy named Jasper, he was a club owner and the leader of an infamous gang around the outskirts of New York.

I gave the order for anyone to be connected to the shooting be killed. Everyone was completely fine with it.

I sat up and took my blazer, tossing it on the chair across the room. I slipped off and hit the floor but I was to lazy to go pick it up. I undid my tie and unbuttoned a few of the buttons on my shirt.

The heaviness in my eyes was becoming unbearable to fight. So I laid back and let the cozy darkness consume me.

-Elana Aphelion-

"Hey, Ale! I'm back." I walked in the door holding a bag of chipotle. I got him a bowl too.

It was dead silent in the house which was actually nice. But odd.

"Alessio?" I put the food and my wallet and keys on the table.

I walked up the stairs silently. As I neared my bedroom door, small noises came from within as the door was still open a bit.