28

*mature content*
*Three months later*
-Elana Aphelion-

They say everything happens for a reason. Sometimes those reasons may be good. Or bad.

But in the end, you'll always find your shadow on the sidewalk.

I sat with Ani on the white couch.

"Alia come on!" I called.

We were dress shopping.

Alia walked out with a beautiful white dress on. Diamonds lined her breast line and faded down across her bodice. The material was long and silky.

Me and Ani stopped everything. Even breathing.

"This is the one." Alia said as the dress attendant helped her step up in front of the mirror.

They put the veil on her head. Her tears were visible now. "This is the one." She said through her tears.

Me and Ani finally came to our senses and got up. "YES!" We said in unison.

Alia laughed.

-Alessio Romano-

"I don't know what to get. There's like so many choices." I complained to Matteo as we got our suits.

Matteo just stood in the mirror, "I like this one." He said.

I looked over at him from the other mirror. I smiled and walked over to him, "One month dude."

He could only nod his head.

"I have a question." I fixed the collar of the tux.

Matteo looked over. He gestured for me to continue, "How did you pick it? How did you know it was the... the one."

Matteo thought about the answer, "Well," he looked at me, "I just took what I knew about the other jewelry she wore, simple but elegant, and I put it to use." He shrugged and stepped away from the mirror.

I thought about what he said, not much I could use because Elana doesn't usually wear jewelry.

-Elana Aphelion-

We sat around the table getting lunch. Italian.

"Okay, so now that we're here," Alia started, "Lana," I looked up, "I have a question for you."

"If this is about if I used your shoes, then no I didn't." I put my hands up in surrender.

"You used m-" Ani hit her in the back of the head. The anger riled up in her body. I did say I didn't use them...

Alia coughed and fixed her posture, "Whatever, now Matteo already asked Alessio to be his best man... and I really don't have friends." She said.

She leaned down to get a box, holding out in front of me now, the white rose inside held a little note. She motioned for me to open in.

Will you be my maid of honor.

I looked at her then at the note again. "I'm going to cry. And my makeup looks really good today." I joked.