31

-Alessio Romano-

Shit.

"Who is she Alessio." Elana leaned on the counter.

I didn't turn around because she said my full name and that lets me know she is mad.

"Um." I set the coffee cup down. "Actually," the wheels in my head started turning.

"Do you want to meet her?" I said with upmost confidence.

-Elana Aphelion-

My eyes widened, "When?"

"The day of the wedding?" He said. He was t lying. "She's an old friend of me and Alia's and was invited." He said and poured his coffee.

"Just an old friend?" I pushed.

He shrugged, "Well," he turned around, "We did have a little thing in high school, but it wasn't anything to serious."

I looked at him with amusement and absolute disgust. I scoffed and walked away.

I grabbed my keys and went to my car. The morning coldness biting at my bare legs.

I got in and started crying.

Because what. The. Hell.

-Alessio Romano-

"I really fucked up Ali." I spoke in the phone.

"What did you do?" She asked with the hint of irritation.

I hummed as I watched her sit in her car outside the window, "I may have told her Julie was an old girlfriend."

"But she's not." Alia said.

"Obviously!" I whisper-yell. "What do I do? She's crying in her car right now."

"I'll call her and try to fix this." She said, "I swear men always fuck shit up." She murmured.

The phone hung up and I immediately called Julie after. "Hello?" The store attendant answered.

"Hi can I get Julie Adams please." The phone shifted and there was noise on the other line.

"Julie Adams, how may I help you today!" Her voice was cheerful.

"Julie, it's Alessio, I have a problem."

"Oh hello Mr. Romano. Is everything okay?" She asked a bit worried.

"So Elana thinks I'm cheating. And she heard me talking on the phone with you yesterday and she's absolutely furious." I say rushed.

"Oh with all due respect Mr. Romano, but I'm not a licensed therapist, you might want to call somewhere-" I cut her off.

"I need you to come to the wedding tomorrow. Just the reception. I was planning on doing the proposal at 12 when it's the first hour of her birthday." I say rushed.

Julie stuttered on the other line, "Oh, oh um of course!" She offered.

I let out a breath of relief.

"I'll send you the reception address and the time." She hums and says a quick goodbye before I hang up.

I look out the window and Elana is no longer crying but that of talking on the phone. She starts her car and drives away.

Shit.

-Elana Aphelion-

"He makes me sick." I say to Alia as she handed me a plate of cookies and a glass of wine. "You made these?" I look at her pausing my anger.