25

-Alessio Romano-

"Ow." I laid back as I pulled open my shirt and lifted my head to see the bullet lodged in the middle of the vest.

I groaned as I examined it, letting my head fall back.

I heard another gunshot, looking up to see Alia with her gun smoking and pointed into the room.

Matteo pulled the bullet from the vest and helped me stand up. Ethan had a devilish laugh as he was dragged away.

"Gag him if he gets annoying." I told Ricky as he pushed Ethan along.

I walked in the room to see papa sitting in the chair, his breaths shallow. Mama ran to him and lifted his head.

Elana was laying on the table, blood everywhere.

"Lana." I held her face gently as she woke up. I looked down at her wrists and saw that one side of the restraint was frayed, a scalpel in her hand.

I quickly undid the ties and pulled her into my embrace. "It's okay amore. I got you now." I brushed her hair back, "It's okay." I cooed.

Winter came rushing in along with other medics. I took one look at her and directed her to papa first.

Another medic came over and asked if he could help her. I looked at her wounds and decided to treat them myself. Knowing she wouldn't trust anyone else.

I took the medic bag and laid her back. I did a tourniquet over her stomach to keep the bleeding controlled. The cuts on her arms were shallow and not bleeding anymore so I left them.

I looked at her face, fear ran across it and her tears started falling.

"You came." She whispered.

"Always my love. I will always come back for you." I held her face and put my lips on hers gently.

I pulled back, letting her sit up. She looked over at her sister on the floor, blood still coming from her mouth but she was dead.

Elana cried even more, "She tried to save me." She held out her hand with the scalpel. Her hands were marked with the indents of holding it so tight.

I brought her close to my body, "I know amore. I know."

Her entire body shook in fear as I held her. We watched papa get wheeled out on a stretcher, mama following behind. Winter came and did a quick checkup on Elana before leaving.

"How many people are in here?" Winter asked Elana.

Elana counted and looked at her hands, "10. 4 girls 6 boys." She said.

Winter nodded and went to lift her face but Elana gripped her wrist, making Winter wince.

"It's okay amore." I looked at her. "You can let go."

She let go of her wrist after a moment of hesitation and Apologized.

"Hey," Winter spoke up, making Elana look at her, "You do not apologize for what you just went through. It's okay."

Elana nodded and Winter brought her into a hug, letting her cry into her shoulder. Her Snow White hair moving to her other shoulder.

"We're going to get you some help." Winter added when she pulled back. She wiped her tears and packed up her bag.

Alia was next to hug her. They didn't let go for a while, as Alia drowned her tears in Elana's shoulder.

She pulled back and kissed her head.