23

-Elana Aphelion-

"Resta sveglio bambina! Per favore!" Alonzo cooed next to me. Stay awake child! Please!

Ethan drugged me again after I lashed out at my dad. His scaly hands running down my arm still haunt me.

"Sono così stanco papà! Non posso." I faded in and out of sleep. I'm so tired papa! I can't."

I fought the drug for almost 3 hours. But unless I actually sleep, it'll wear off, and that's all I wanted to do.

I wanted to sleep in his arms.

-Alessio Romano-

We're still in New York.

A day after we were supposed to leave, and we're still here.

Alia argued with the pilot as Mama was on the phone, yelling at someone through there.

They were scared of a bit of rain...

Me and Matteo just sat in silence. That's all he did with me, and I appreciated it.

His hands never traveled to the phone that sat on his thigh. Never played with his hair. And he never looked at anything but the floor.

In a way, he misses her too. He misses papa as well.

I saw him playing with his skills knife the other day. He was letting it flow through his fingers, picking up speed. Elana had taught him how to use it.

But Elana was always better.

Her sweet scent had faded from the pillow so I ordered my housekeeper to wash it with a bit of her body soap.

"Get in that damn plane or I fly it myself." Alia threatened.

"Ma'am, it is just simply out of my league to fly in weather like this. I wasn't trained through this yet." The pilot said.

Alia scoffed and threw her hands in the air, "How the fuck were you even hired? You're supposed to take us at any given moment."

I watched the entire interaction and yet couldn't seem to let my mind process any of it.

"I can take you!" A short voice erupted from across the terminal. We were the only occupants.

"My name is James Therish. I'm a stunt pilot but I know the controls and I'm qualified for these conditions." He adjusted his bag on his shoulder.

I stood up and walked over. My hand wanting to wrap around his throat.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked in a raspy voice. The first words I've said in the last day and a half. "And I suggest you answer truthfully." I added as I lifted my shirt to show my gun holstered to my hip.

Matteo still sat but he let his gun rest on his lap. Alia pulled hers out in front of her stomach and Mama showed hers on her hip.

James swallowed, "If you guys are some famous glocksmiths that work for H and K or something, then no. I don't know who you are. Should I?"

I walked away and picked up the suitcase. "Let's go."

~