14

-Elana Aphelion-

"When?" I couldn't help the slight ting of excitement roll through me.

He held onto my body from behind as I sat. He smiled into my neck.

"Does that mean you want to do it?" He asked. I hummed my response. "Two days after your graduation, on Monday." He told me.

I nodded and turned my head to kiss his cheek. "Is that a graduation present?" I joked.

"If you can consider killing Matteo's shooter a present," he looked ahead and thought, "Then yes, I suppose it is." He smiled.

~

*The next day*

"Here's the address to the venue, me and Gina are going to get ready at her house." I wrote the address on a piece of paper. I carried my dress in the cover piece over my shoulder.

"What time does the ceremony begin?" Alessio asked.

"1pm. It's 9 o'clock right now, don't be late!" I kissed him and ran out the door.

Today is the day! No more student loans that need to be paid. No more anxiety about passing. It's all over. I guess you can say I'm free!

I drove to Gina's house. Practically running inside when I got there.

"Hey Mrs. Alvarez!" I said as I ran up the stairs!

"She's in her room Mija!" She said as I ran past her.

I opened her door, "WE DID IT!" I yelled. We both started screaming.

Gina sat at her vanity, her hair half curled and her makeup almost done.

I pulled out my make bag and started my own.

"Do you have a toothbrush I can borrow? I forgot my edge brush at home." I looked at her.

She nodded and went to get it for me. I tied my hair back from my face.

"Here you go." She handed me the toothbrush.

"Is this the same one from last time?" I referred to the last time I forgot my edge brush at home. She nodded.

"Mom even asked me what gel you use. She keeps a drawer in the bathroom for you incase you forget something at home." She turned to finish her makeup.

"Really?" I asked a bit surprised but more or less grateful. She nodded, "I love your mom."

"So you've said." She smiled and giggled.

~

"Okay come on you two!" Mrs. Alvarez said. She held up her phone trying to get pictures of us.

"Okay, now Jose, get in with the girls!" She said to her husband. She snapped a few more pictures. "Okay now Santi, get in."

Santi was Gina's little brother. He was 15 and had the biggest crush on me. He's never around when I come over because he always gets flustered. I think it's cute.

He stood between me and Gina, "Y-You look really nice Elana." He stuttered.

I turned and kissed his cheek, making him more red, "Thank you Santi." He looked like he melted.