22

-Alessio Romano-

I killed the last man standing. Seeing Alia, my mom and Matteo in the near distance across the room.

But where is she?

I looked around, seeing her black dress no where in sight.

I scanned through the dead bodies, not seeing her sun kissed skin upon them. I looked around frantically. My eyes yearning to see her beautiful curls.

"ELANA!" I yelled.

Nothing.

Alia came up to me. I felt my heart break inside of my body.

Mama called out a name as well, "ALONZO!" I felt my heart break even more.

"ELANA!!" I yelled again as I fell to my knees. Mama came running up to me.

Realization set in as I felt the tears welling up.

She was taken from me.

Matteo picked up her blades in the distance, looking around in the distance but seemingly having no luck.

She was taken from me.

-Elana Aphelion-

"I never knew you were so skilled in knives." Ethan said as I awoke. "If I had known, maybe I could've used the knife kink against you."

"Stai zitto cazzo!" Another voice spoke. It sounded like Alessio, but a bit deeper. Older.

I finally opened my eyes and lifted my head. I looked around and saw Alonzo sitting next to me. His hands tied behind the chair.

I looked to Ethan who sat on the table at the front of the room. "There's those pretty eyes," he said and came closer to me.

The lights made my head pound. I had no energy to say anything, let alone look at him.

My heart felt like it was crushed as I was away from him.

"What do you want?" I managed in a whisper.

Ethan lifted my chin to look at him. He clicked his tongue, "To take away everything he loves. Starting with you."

He let go of me and walked out of the room.

"Bambina! I need you to stay awake." Alonzo whispered next to me.

I hummed in response as I let my head hand. "Smart boy he is," Alonzo said and looked at me. "He'll find us bambina. Just stay awake for me."

-Alessio Romano-

I had to be dragged from the ball room as I could barely stand. Alia was already searching for the signal of the tracker I put on her dress.

It would take hours to find the signal, then more hours to devise a plan. Then even more hours to execute the plan.

How? How could I let this happen? How could I let her slip from my grasp when I had her by a thick rope?

Mama and Alia spoke outside of my room, our... our room. Their tones were hushed. The silent cries of Mama breaking through.

Matteo sat in the chair across the room. I sat on the bed, my hands shaking uncontrollably, needing her touch to control it.

"Okay," Asia walked back in, mama wiped her tears as I held out my arms for her to come hug me. She came and sat next to me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I have the signal." Alia continued.

My eyes lit up in joy, it's a start. "Their in Greece." She spoke.