𝐯. the tell

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 | 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐍 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐊 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄. There had been another murder caused by the Alpha. What scared Harlow was that her sister and Jackson were there when the accident had taken place. The three watched as the paramedics took the body away.

"Starting to get it?" Derek asked.

"Uh, I get that he's killing people, but I don't get why. I mean, this isn't standard practice, right? We don't go out in the middle of the night murdering everyone, do we?" Scott asked.

"No. We're predators. We don't have to be killers." Derek said.

"Then why is he a killer?" Scott asked.

"Yeah with all of this why is he going around killing innocent people?" Harlow asked.

"That's what we're gonna find out." Derek said. they turn walking to the opposite edge of the roof. Below them was something they would never notice. An odd patterned, carved into the gravel...

A spiral.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A little while later, Scott and Harlow followed Derek into the burnt remains of the Hale house.

"You know, We have a life, too." Scott said.

"No, you don't." Derek said.

"Yes, We do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or-" Scott said.

"Part of his pack." Derek said.

"We'll that makes Scott feel so much better." Harlow said, sarcastically.

"Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent-teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." Scott said.

"Do you want to do homework? Or do you want to not die?" Derek asked."You guys have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him? He kills you."

"Okay, seriously, who made up these rules?" Scott asked.

"It's a rite of passage into his pack." Derek said.

"That was the stupidest thing I have ever heard in my life." Harlow said.

"You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school! And you don't have to kill anyone to do it!" Scott said.  "Why can't you guys just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?"