Hero to Zero chapter 29

Izuku holds Eri close to his chest as he loosens the chain on his wrist. "I see." Chisaki said as he was about to take his glove off. "Partner what are you doing that ain't your cousin!" Mirio said approaching Izuku.

"No, Mirio this is-" "This man's daughter obviously. Sorry about him, he's been in the sun too long! Guess that beanie ain't good for the heat." Mirio laughed. "Izuku, give this man back his daughter." Mirio demanded.

"Please...don't." Eri whispered. "What the f#ck are you doing?! She's hurt! Look at her! She has bandages all over her arms and legs!" Izuku shouted. "I told you back when we met, kids will be kids. She gets hurt every time she plays, which is why I'm taking her to the E.R-" "You said that last time!" Izuku cut Chisaki off.

"Mirio, we can't let him have her." Izuku told him. Mirio sighs. In one smooth motion, he grabs Eri from his arm while pushing Izuku back and tripping him with his foot. "Like I said sorry about my partner." Mirio said placing Eri in front of Chisaki.

Chisaki looked at them for a moment. "Don't let it happen again. Let's go Eri." He said walking away. Eri looked back at Izuku again before, she looked sad.

"Eri!" Chisaki called. She to him in fear. "Wait!" Izuku shouted jumping to his feet as he was about to run after them. But he was stopped in his tracks as a fist met his face. Disorientating him, Izuku falls on his butt again.

"What are you doing!? Sir said not to raise suspicion, He's suspicious of us now!" Mirio shouted. Izuku looked at him confused. "What the f#ck are you talking about!? He's hurting her!" Izuku said as he was about to run after Chisaki again, but was stopped when Mirio tackled him into the wall.

"We have to call Sir!" Mirio shouted. Izuku used his smoke dash to get away from his hold. But before he can get far, he receives a punch to the side of his ribs. In frustration, Izuku swung his chain around to hit Mirio but he uses his quirk so the chain goes through him.

"I don't want to fight you." Izuku told him while getting ready to swing his chain again. "I don't want to fight you either." Mirio said while getting into a fighting stance.

Mirio leaps forward, Izuku swings his chain at him but Mirio phases through it. Just as he was about to punch him again, Izuku drops a smoke bomb engulfing the area.

Mirio chokes on the smoke a bit before looking for where Izuku might be at. Not giving him a second to think, Izuku snaps his finger causing the smoke cloud to explode.

Izuku looks to where Eri went but doesn't see her anymore. He does see an air vent on the side of a building. Dashing through it, it takes him to the top of the building. Running alongside of the edge of the roof he jumps from building to building searching for her.

Looking left and right he doesn't see her. Running, Izuku stops when he sees a fist come out from the ground in front of him. He stops in his track missing the hit by only inches.

Mirio comes out of the floor and swings again. Izuku jumps over lands on the edge of the roof and jumps off. Mirio runs after him but stops at the edge only to see Izuku extending his arm out to him and shooting a smoke missile at him.

Mirio uses his quirk as the missile hits the roof exploding the area he was in. Hearing the explosion, the civilians run away in fear. "It's the bioterrorist of U.A!" One shouted. "Did he go rogue!?" Another shouted. "Call the heroes!" "He's fighting a hero!" Two argued.

Ignoring them Izuku as he laned, he looks up at the cloud of smoke the missile made and jumps up to it. 'You're too predictable, Mirio.' He thought while getting ready to punch him in his perfect jawline.

Just as he predicted, Mirio emerged from the smoke. Mirio's eyes widen in surprise. "I-Impossible!" He said as Izuku's fist was mere centimeters away from knocking the taste out his mouth.

But then a hand grabs Izuku's arm and pulls him down. The momentum caused him to roll mid-air before landing on his butt. Mirio lands safely on the ground as he saw who saved him. "S-Sir!" Mirio shouted in surprise.

"Mind explaining why you two are causing such a ruckus?" Sir asked. "Sir, we ran into Chisaki who was accompanied by a small child, Izuku feared he was harming the child and attempted to secure her but I stopped him in hopes of not raising suspicion!" Mirio explained.

Sir looked at Izuku with displeasure. "So, you nearly ruined this whole operation. I knew you'd be more of a liability." Sir said. Izuku looked at him for a moment. "Are you f#cking with me?" He asked as he got up from the ground.

"Did you not hear what he said!? He's hurting a little girl! Why the f#ck is no one taking this serious!?" Izuku shouted. "This is real life. These are necessities to protect the masses." Sir told him. Izuku's eyes widen. He couldn't believe what he just heard.

Izuku looked at Mirio and Bubble girl only to see them looking down at their feet. "He'll know we are on to him, that will make things more difficult." Sir said. "What about the little girl?" Izuku asked.

Sir didn't even look at him. "We'll have to deal with that later. For now, we need to head back to the office." He said about to walk away. "Well, I'm going to go look for her." Izuku told him walking the opposite way.

"No! You have done enough damage. We have to head back and report this incident." Sir told him. "No! Because if they're still in the area we can save her." Izuku told him. "You go and you're fired!" Sir tells him.

Izuku looks at him in disbeleif. "I thought you were cool because you worked with All Might but you're just a fanboy. All those years working next to him and you didn't learn anything. If you're going to fire then do it." Izuku said turning around walking away.

"You're fired. I should have known better than to hire you. Not because you're a Conduit. " Sir said as Izuku stopped. "It was because you're All for one's son." He added.

Izuku looked back at him. "I may have the blood of the worst villain in history in my veins. But which one of us is looking for that little girl?" Izuku said looking over at Mirio. He then looks up to a neon sign and absorbs it.

He then uses his speed to run on walls to search for the little girl. "Izuku, wait!" Mirio called out. But he was already gone. "Leave him, Mirio. We have to get back." Sir said walking away. Mirio looked for Izuku one last time before walking with Sir and Bubble girl.

Back with Izuku, he was jumping from roof to roof looking for that little girl. He checked every ally in hopes of seeing her again. He searched the entire city with no success. He even went back and searched the areas he already searched. Nothing.

A few hours have passed and it soon became sundown. Izuku sat on the edge of the roof by the ally he saw her last. He was exhausted. Having ran all day and jumping roofs would do that.

He rubs his face in frustration as he lets out a sigh. "Some hero." He says to himself. His phone started ringing. He fishes it out and looks at the ID caller. Sky.

He answers. "Hello?" "Izuku where are you!?" Nejire shouted through the phone. Izuku had to move the phone away from his ear. "How do you know I'm not at U.A?" He asked. "Mirio told me what happened. Izuku where are you?" She asked again.

Izuku tried as hard as he could to not cry but failed. "I'm...looking for her." He said as the water dam broke. "I know Izu but please come home. I'll help you look tomorrow just please come home." She told him.

"...Okay..." He said. "We'll find her." Nejire told him. "Y-you're right. I'll be home soon. I love you." He told her. Nejire was stunned. This was the first time he said the L word to her. "I love you. Call me when you get here." She tells him.

Izuku hangs up the phone and lets out a sigh. He gets up and looks at the ally one last time before walking back to U.A. "I'm sorry." He said walking away.

Two chapters in less than a week!? These are strange times.