Recovery part 2 Chapter 33

Nejire was hovering in the sky as she followed the trails of destruction. She had spoken to Ryuku before this. Ryuku informed her about what happened.

Ryuku told her Izuku took Eri to the surface as Chisaki gave chase. Chisaki turned into a giant monster. And that was the last she saw of them.

Snapping out her thoughts. Nejire spots a familiar piece of fabric on the floor. Lands on the ground and quickly goes and picks it up. It was Izuku's vest. It definitely had seen better days. She then hears footsteps.

Looking around the corner, she sees Izuku holding an unknown baby wrapped in his jacket with his left arm as he held Eri with his right. "And then he said, "No bioterrorist can be a hero." So I had to put lil bro down." told Eri.

Eri had no Idea what he was talkning about.

"Izu!" Nejire shouted as she ran up to him. "Who. someone missed me." Izuku said as Nejire pulled him into a hug. "I thought you died, you ass!" Nejire shouted as she held his vest.

"No! Not the drip! Why do I always have to suffer?" Izuku said dramtically. "Where is Overhaul?" Nejire asked as she looked around. "Here." Izuku said as he pointed to the baby.

Nejire was confused. "How?" She asked. "Eri's awesome quirk did it." Izuku told her as he motioned to Eri. Eri hid behind Izuku's leg as she looked at Nejire.

Nejire noticed this and got down to her level. "You did that? That is really brave of you. I'm Nejire Hado, what can you quirk do?" She asked as Eri looked away not wanting to talk.

"She is shy." Izuku said. "It's okay. You don't have to be scared of me. I'm a hero!" Nejire said proudly. Eri looks at her up and down before looking away.

"How are the others doing?" Izuku asked. "Everyone is fine. I think" She whispered the last part. "We should go meet up with everyone." Nejire added.

"Yeah. Ready?" Izuku asked Eri who nodded happily.

They made their way back to the hideout. Once there they saw medics helping heroes and police taking in the villains. They also see Aizawa sitting down by the sidewalk.

"First Ms. Jokes and now this?" Aizawa groaned looking a little disturbed. "Mr. Aizawa!" Izuku shouted startling him. "Oh, it's you." Aizawa sighed in relief.

"Hey, where were you? I looked back and you disappeared." Izuku asked. Aizawa recalled his kidnapper. "What do you mean? Nothing happened!" Aizawa getting defensive. "I didn't say anything happened." Izuku told him. "Caues nothing happened!" Aizawa shouted.

"Okay, relax. Geez. Anyway, look!" Izuku said as he lifted up baby Overhaul. Aizawa pieced it together quickly. "I see. Well, that changes things a little." He then looked at how Eri stayed latched to Izuku's leg.

"I spoke to the medics. They want to take Eri to get her checked. See if she has any medical problems. You can give them Overhaul too. I'm going home to take a shower." Aizawa told him.

Eri's eyes widen. "N-no." She said. "It's okay Eri. I'm going with you." Izuku reassured her. This calmed her down a bit. "Hey, Sky, I'm to ride to the hospital. I'll see you there okay?" Izuku told her.

"Okay. I'll get there as soon as I can." Nejire said as she kissed Izuku. She stopped when she felt something push her leg. Looking around she sees no one.

'That was weird.' She thought. "Alright, I'll see you later." Izuku said as he grabbed Eri's hand and walked away. He made his way to the medics, they escorted him, Overhaul, and Eri to an ambulance.

Once inside Izuku was surprised who was already there. "Reggie?" He looked at Reggie who had his arm in a sling. "I was wondering where you went." Reggie said as he looked at Overhaul and Eri.

"Who baby is that?" He asked. "This overhaul. Eri's quirk turned him into a baby." Izuku said as he and Eri took a sit. "That is...good?" Reggie was a little unsure of how to respond.

"I know right?" Izuku said as he healed Reggie's arm. "Thank you." Reggie said taking the sling off his arm. After waiting for a little the ambulance began to start up and drive to the hospital.

"I'm glad you're safe." Reggie told Izuku. "I'm glad you're safe too." Izuku told him. "Hey, I know I'm tough on you a lot. Especially back then, before you got a quirk. I know you can take care of yourself but...

You remind me of my brother." Izuku's eyes widen. Reggie never talks about his family. The most Izuku knew before Reggie came to Japan was he was a cop in America.

"My brother was just like you. He never listened to me and would always get into trouble. I tried to help him before he...I didn't reach him in time. That is why I came to Japan. I wanted to get as far away from everything. It worked at first. But then I met you. It was like looking at my brother again.

I couldn't make the same mistake twice. I care about you. A lot. You made me proud today." Reggie said getting a little teary-eyed. Izuku looked away trying not to cry either.

"I never told you thank you for being there for me. You were the closest thing I had to a father. Thank you." Izuku told him. Reggie brought him in for a hug.

"The hell is going on back there?" The driver asked his partner. "I don't know man, but I'm going to call my brother right now." His partner said with tears falling down.

After a while, they finally make it to the hospital. Izuku gets off with Eri and Overhaul. "You coming?" Izuku asked. "No. I have to go fill out some paperwork. You got this." Reggie told him.

"Okay." Izuku told him as he helped Eri down and took her inside. Izuku gave baby Overhaul to a nurse. They'll figure out what to do with him. Another nurse wanted to take Eri but she didn't want to go alone so he went with her.

As Izuku stayed with Eri, more and more Heroes should up to get their wounds checked. Izuku would have gone to heal them but Eri didn't want him to leave her side. Guess they'll have to endure until later.

'I am so tired' Izuku thought as he felt the fatigue settle in. He was tired physically and mentally. 'I'm just glad it's all over for now'

-

Somewhere, not around where the main character is at.

"What should we get for them?" Mina asked. She and everyone from class 1-A were out shopping. For what you may be asking? A gift for their classmates in the hospital.

"We ain't getting Deku sh#t!" Katsuki shouted. "Bakugou, now is not the time to be Tsundere." Denki mocked. "I am not a f#cking Tsendere!" Katsuki shouted.

"Either way we should get all of them something." Tokoyami said.

As they walked they noticed people were walking away from them. "What's with them?" Sero asked. "They don't want to get in the way." A voice behind them said.

The whole class looked back and saw who it was. Brooke Augustine and a dozen of Dups. "I have a few questions to ask and then you can be on your way."

"And just so you don't get cold feet." She said as spikes of concrete got lodged into Katsuki's leg. "Aw, f#ck!" He shouted in pain. "Shall we begin?"