•Chapter 2•

"Arrrghhh! Why is this so hard!" you whined as you panted heavily.

"Because you think it is hard," Corrupt scoffed, "Just concentrate and let the magic flow through you. There." he says as he rolls his eyelight.

"It's ok Y/n, you can do it! I believe in you!" You smiled at Nightmare as you looked at him. Of course, Nightmare was still around about 6 or 7 years old as during the original story of Dreamtale, Nightmare was around 6 years old when he ate the black apple, so he was a bit more childish. Different from his corrupt counterpart.

Standing pack up, you tried Corrupts advice again and concentrated on letting your magic flow through you, imagining it opening a portal into a negative universe. Your magic was depleting quickly and you were getting nervous. When you felt that you were done, you opened your eye socket and gasped in happiness and wonder, in front of you was a dark swirling portal. But due to your happiness and excitement, you were tired. Extremely tired as you had exhausted your magic thoroughly.

"Well hurry on then!" Nightmare said after it seemed like he read your thoughts, "You did not open this portal for nothing! Hurry, it's closing up!"
Snapping your head up, you hurry through the portal and finally notice what you were feeling earlier, this place was full, really full, of negativity. And god when you realized that, you felt starved and immediately, you felt yourself sucking up the negativity and you felt rejuvenated after seconds.
'What the-'

"It seems that you were starved from negativity for a while. Dreamtale had a moderate amount but it wasn't enough. You probably feel more powerful than you ever have here. This place would be best for a base"

"Exactly what I was thinking!" You exclaimed back and you got hit with a tendril to the back of your skull.

"Idiot!" chastised Corrupt, "We do not know who is here and if we're being watched right now so shut up and be careful! You are in control of this body so at least be careful with it!"

'Sorry, right'  you grimaced as you rubbed the back of your skull. Looking around, you sensed for anything and spread your negative energy, your tendrils swishing in thought behind you in thought. Once deemed safe, you looked at Corrupt who hesitantly nodded to you. Grinning, you looked around the lush forest you were in.

The sky was dark and the moon was shining through the trees. But even though the forest was beautiful, it was eerily silent. Then, one of the bushes started to rustle and your face hardened from an awed expression, turning it to a poker face as you stared at the bush. The next moment, a bunny hopped out and you and Nightmare promptly awww'd at it until an owl flew in and took it away with it, making everyone jump at the shrieks the rabbit was making as it was caught.

"Holy shit-" you whispered to yourself as you heard Corrupt laughing at your gobsmacked reaction of the viscous being called mother nature.

Still looking wide eyed at the place the rabbit was captured, you slowly walked into a different clearing and found a dirt trail to which you hurried to and started following. When you got to a clearing, you were gobsmacked (again). There was an incredible castle in front of you, its size looming over you as you stared at it in a wonder filled eye socket, your eyelight momentarily turning to a star. This was probably the fated castle Nightmare had, but some of it was smashed in, some walls were rubble but it wasn't too destroyed. Not enough to be demolished and be called rubble but destroyed enough that it'll take a while to rebuild some of the stuff.

You wanted that castle so bad but your own lazy ass would never pick itself up to fix it. Uggghhhh, those shadow Papyri would be really handy right now- wait! Shadow Papyri! Right! Isn't Nightmare able to make them after he turns to his goop form? But how are you even going to-

'Helloooooo~ World to Y/n?'  Nightmare spoke up as he waved his ghost hand in front of your skull, snapping you out of your thinking trance.
'We're here too, idiot' grumbled Corrupt as he also floated into your vision.
Right, you forgot about them. "Hey Corrupt, how do I make the shadow Papyri?"
Nightmare looked confused but Corrupt just sighs and pinches his nasal ridge.
'Are you kidding me? It's just like how you used your magic, idiot. And shouldn't you know how either way? You said that you practically know "everything about us"' Corrupt says.

"In my world i never had magic," you deadpanned, "So how am I to know how this shit works!" you say, frustrated. And with a sigh as you sat down and then started concentrating.

~~~

After 3 hours, you gave up and decided to distract yourself by going to explore the castle next to help you relax and get your mind out of your own skull. Nightmare ooh'd and ahh'd and anything interesting he saw (Which was practically everything) and Corrupt nodded respectfully to some things. Like the grand fancy dining room and throne room. After you explored, you mapped out the layout in your head.

The whole place had about 6 stories each for a different purpose. 2 levels underground and 4 aboveground (Including the ground level floor). The first one down is the servants quarters, where servants would usually stay with some rooms with cleaning supplies in them and the bottom level was a dungeon/prison place. 'A perfect place on where to torture for negativity' Corrupt said as both you and Nightmare shivered when you all explored the place. The ground level had the dining room, kitchen, living quarters for yourself, and the huge throne room along with an absolutely gigantic library with stacks of old books that Nightmare and Corrupt (Secretly) fawned over when you weren't looking. 2nd floor had just rooms. Rooms for probably knights or soldiers or for visiting prestigious families. The 4th and 5th floors were rooms filled with junk or empty rooms and that was all. Outside, behind the castle, there was a training area with all sorts of weapons and things.

The layout was nice for the old castle, but if only you could fix it somehow with using the-
"Do you need anything, your majesty?" Said a wispy voice behind you and you almost jumped. Turning around, you looked in shock at the 1 shadow Papyri behind you. Did you just summon him right now orrr-

As if reading your mind, the Papyri answered as he stood up from his kneeled position, "Yes, I was just summoned a minute ago and it is you to thank for that. Thank you, your majesty," he bowed his head and you slightly blushed in embarrassment as you promptly felt Nightmare faint behind you despite him being a ghost and Corrupt flicks you with a tentacle out of the shadow Papyri's vision bringing you back, 'Good job. You summoned one... Accidentally..." Corrupt then sighs and shakes his head, "now give it an order.'