•Chapter 9•

You woke up two days later with a big stretch... In your ghost form...

Was the body being used!? Wait...

You forgot that if Nightmare or Corrupt were awake, and you were asleep, the body could be used by them. So right now, Nightmare was walking around, not goopy, and was playing with his lavender magic, making shapes and twirling it around to increase his accuracy and control in being able to use his magic, as he talked with Corrupt. You let them talk for a bit before you spoke.

'Hey guys,'

"Good morning!" Nightmare chirped as he dissipated his magic.

"Morning,' Corrupt grumbled back.

'I need to make the deal with Farmtale today, so I'll take back control if that's alright.'  You say.

"Are you sure you don't want me to switch with Corrupt first?" Nightmare asks, concerned, since he knew how much it hurt when transforming between two forms was for you.

'I'll be fine, I need to learn how to quickly go between both forms and get used to it anyways.' You say with a small grimace and Nightmare nods with a small frown.

"Alright, if you say so," he says and then he lets go of his control and you immediately take place before the body could fall limp onto the floor.

Catching yourself, you slightly rock from foot to foot as you regain balance. This form for you was slightly weird as since you didn't have the tendrils weighing down your back, you were much lighter which felt a bit weird as normally, you'd slightly lean a bit forward to keep yourself balanced in the other form. This one didn't have that so you mostly had to catch yourself when you did it so that you wouldn't fall.

Stumbling around, you take hold and place your hand on the wall nearest to you and then slowly regain balance and take a few deep breaths to calm yourself down. You'd have to get used to switching forms eventually. Grabbing a cloth, you stick it inside your mouth to bite.

Concentrating on the negativity inside your soul, you slowly bring it out and grit your teeth as you feel your bones cracking and breaking. The corrupt form was complete goop. So you had to be made out of it. And so, while switching, Nightmares body has to break apart slowly to allow the goop to form. Which was painful. Felt like you were being pulled apart little by little.

Why it didn't hurt Nightmare and Corrupt, you and they do not know. Maybe because the first transformation was so painful, that this one just paled in comparison, but there was no guaranteed answer to it.

Biting onto the cloth hard, you muffle your whimpers and keep quiet. It had felt like ages before you could fully transform. But when you did, it was an immediate relief. Sagging down, finally, you sigh as you take the cloth out of your mouth and breathe in a few deep breaths.

'Are... you alright?' Nightmare asks, worried.

"I-" you stutter a bit but are able to get your mouth to work again, "I'm good, all's good, just gathering my bearings, Nightmare."

Corrupt says nothing, he just nods to you. Apparently having nothing to comment on the matter.

You understood. Corrupt wasn't really good at touchy-feely things. He was basically an embodiment of negativity but he sometimes does have his moments, just rarely. Nightmare is different because he's the guardian of it, not the embodiment of negativity despite having a similar kind of aura.

Standing up, you get used to having tendrils again, and just get used to the new form.

Stretching a bit, you sigh and then unlock the doors to your bedroom and greet #15 and #200. (You've had quite a bit of time to memorize who was which).