•Chapter 20•

:D ~Donut

----------

Your mind was foggy. Blank, the only thing present was rage and desire, but also frustration.

Like you were stuck somewhere. Tied up, unable to spread negativity and gain more power.

YOU HATED IT.

The first thing you regain is your eyesight, then hearing. Your thoughts are jumbled, blurry, unclear.

You hear snarling. Is... where is that coming from?! Is that coming from you? You're fighting hard, tied up. Stuck. You want to be free. Free. FREE.

"Dream, you can't go in there alone! He's really unstable and positivity-"

"It's ok!" You hear a light voice speak up, voice wavering slightly, "And I need to be ALONE. How many more times do I have to repeat that?!"

You hear some other talking and then shifting and then the static seems to stop.

You continue to struggle to go free.

"Oh, brother... Y/n..." a quiet voice speaks.

You let out another snarl and break free. Finally, Finally, you're free! You pin the perpetrator that trapped you underneath you. You were going to kill- Kill- KILL!-

Then you see a familiar flash of yellow, and you halt immediately.

This.. wasn't you. You don't like to hurt, to kill.

What... were you doing?

You fight, fight with it. Fight for it. Fight for control. You claw and grab at your skull, trying to clear it.

After a while, your vision slightly clears as you see a scared but determined Dream pinned under you, your tendrils poised and ready to stab.

"Y/n, you can fight it. I believe in you!" Dream encourages, and you feel Corrupt and Nightmare float out and try to talk to you, but the ringing in your 'ears' comes back, and you fight harder, your corruption starting to boil from the rage. Looking up, all you see is white. It seems that you were put into the anti-void.

God it was so painful. Your soul was burning the more you tried to resist the corruption. You let go of Dream immediately as if he burned you and clutched your skull as you yelled out in pain.

You hated the fogginess in your head, you hated the burning. You hated the pain.

You slammed your head onto the anti-voids cool floor, sharp sparks of pain shooting through your head but miraculously calming you down for a while.

As your thoughts begin to be slightly clear, you win control for a bit. You take out your soul as you look up at Dream, who walked up to you, and you speak, "D-Dream, purify... use magic to... heal... p-pur-purify soul shards. I see- you rememb-ered," you cough, fighting for control is painful.

"Ok-ok-ok" he mutters, "Just like you were taught on how to use magic a while ago," he whispers to himself, giving himself small encouragement.

Your vision starts to fade and you feel exhausted, "Please! Hurry!" you say desperately, the positivity seeping in your soul shards, painful but soothing at the same time.

"If you hear me scream out in pain," you mumble out, "Keep. Going! No matter what!"

Dream gets worried but nods.

You grit your teeth, "Promise!"

"I-I promise!" He shouts. You feel bad. This was probably traumatic, he was just out of stone, immediately taught to use magic, still in his mentality of a 6-7 year old.